recent posts...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jewelry Flower/Nosegay

Jewelry Flower/Nosegay


This was the project/tutorial I did for the CSI Project. I had to wait 1 week to share it with you. I hope you enjoy!

One thing I love to do is inspire others and I love all of the comments I get telling me that they are going to try something I made! I also love when someone wants to buy one of my pieces. I work really hard on trying to be creative and think outside the box. I want my readers and followers to come here for something different.

This project can be done for lots of occasions. What a wonderful gift to receive!

Supplies that are needed:

Several pieces of jewelry pins earrings flower like shapes in complimenting tones and colors
Glue gun and glue stick
Green Gerber Daisy
Mod Podge
floral wire
floral tape
2 in ribbon any color
1 in ribbon to wrap stem for nosegay
vase for flower

Gathered some of  jewelry like pins, earrings necklaces, even barrettes that look like flowers and have gems in common.





These can be picked up at sales for very little money if you don't have any to use. I like looking for special pieces to put in the flower that are sentimental.



Start with a Gerber daisy. This acts as a filler behind the pins.

Paint Mod Podge to the back to stiffen petals a little.


Use 2" ribbon in any color you prefer. Ruffle and glue with hot glue around the daisy.





When dry turn the flower right side up. Gather jewelry and begin to wrap with wire.








Use floral wire to wrap securely. All objects wrap differently. Do what works best leaving enough wire to poke through the flower petals.

Each pick will be put through petals in a circle to fill up. Don't worry about gaps we will get to that when we are done.


Start with the outside pins and work your way in. Hot glue the one in the center.


Wrap the wires and stem with floral tape. Cut the stem to desired length.

Fill gaps with loose pearls or press on pearls.





It is ok to have the petals showing through. they look like leaves.

When the flower is done stick it in a vase.






I added a dragonfly pin to the top of this one.

Turn this into a nosegay for a dresser or vanity by adding a small strand of white beads for trim around base of pins.





Wrap the green stem with 1 inch satin ribbon and tie with a bow. Add another piece of broken jewelry to the center of the bow to finish it off.

Bend the top to lay nice on the dresser.


I made this one for Mother's Day! This is a beautiful gift, so start saving your jewelry!

Hope you enjoyed learning how to make this unique gift.

3 comments:

Allie said...

This is such an interesting gift to make for someone. I like the assorted baubles you picked too :) Nicely done.
www.skylarkmanor.com

Deborah said...

This is so beautiful, thanks for sharing :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Sandra said...

I love using jewelry in crafts and decor too. Come see my latest post!