recent posts...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Shelf painted for the better

I found this wonderful shelf that is solid cherry and stamped with the Butler name. It was great the way it was but looked a little dated for me. So I sanded it down.

I found a real pretty blue color to paint over it. I didn't change out the knobs because they were not screwed in and I thought the wooden pegs were cute.






I distressed it and left the drawer as is. I just added a little stain to it all.



Wish I could hang it and decorate but it is going to the store so I will have to do it there! I love to take something and give it new life! This piece needed a lighter look. Don't you think so?
I am on my way for a day trip today. I will blog about it soon. It is very exciting!

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...

Turned out great...I need to do more projects like that! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Keith Urban post. You are so lucky to live near him!
-Shelley

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very sweet. I love the use of two colors.

hugs
Sissie

Unknown said...

Fun! Safe travels on your day trip.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Just what the dr ordered....Love the combination of distressing and stain...Would love to see it "accessorized!" Hope you had a great day!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin