recent posts...

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Antique Tea Cart

When I come across a piece of furniture that is different I get excited. This tea cart is something I don't see everyday. The lady I bought it from said that it was very old. She was in her late 70's and said she had it for years. Most of what she was selling was antiques.

I just adored the little scallop cut around the drop leaf. I had to have it! I think it will make an adorable accessory to any room.







It had a little wooden handle on the side to wheel it around and I did right to my car!


I decided to paint this in a shabby chic white and distress
It makes the table come alive. This is it with the drop leaves open so you can see the whole thing.
I added some limoge dishes to the top that I bought on the 84 mile yard sale.


Tea anyone?


With one leaf down

Look at that edge!

Sometimes I feel painting an antique is criminal! Not in this case. Before I would have never put it in a home. Now it is something to showcase. This would even look good in a little girls room. I think it would look cute with a teddy bear sharing a spot of tea!


On another note.....

I am starting a Thank You party to the people that read and comment on my blog! It is not a linky party! It will showcase my sincere followers! I am very excited to give back to you!

I love comments and everyone that I speak to on here. I thought this would be a great way to thank you all for being here.

I get tired of linky parties sometimes so this is a way to get people to notice your blog without all that jumping around.

I will start this the end of the week. I hope you are all excited! I am!

I only ask that you visit the one being showcased and show them the love!
Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog

6 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Oh, Deneen, the paint is spectacular on this tea cart! It really shows off the curves. What a wonderful find!!

Anonymous said...

this is lovely,, just lovely,

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

I absolutely LOVE what you did with the table! Miles better!

Cassie Bustamante said...

so pretty and romantic!
also, thank you so so much for my beautiful fall pin! i love it!!!!

Unknown said...

I had one of these in the house I grew up in. We had the 'kids phone' (there were four of us and we needed a line of our own) on this table and a bench to the side. I have the fondest memories of that table. :) Looks like you used ASCP in Old White?? It looks amazing. The old finish was dull and lifeless. Now it breathes!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I am always so amazed with what you do, Deneen....I would have not given that table a second look - now that you've given it a second life, I would love to have it in my home!! Love it! And, yup - I'm seeing my lil' Steiff Teddy scooted up for a spot of tea! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin