recent posts...

Saturday, January 21, 2012

It is My Blogiversary!

Wow it has been a year already! I started this blog and really didn't know what I was going to do with it.  I just started writing and doing crafts. I figured if I just wrote about something maybe just maybe someone would be interested. My first post with lousy pictures!

The day I got a follower, I remember getting so excited. Then I started getting comments! Those are the best! My post of a painted hutch that I thought about getting rid of was the first big furniture project. Also this became my first post to receive so many comments. From then on my blog transformed into what I love to do.

If you read My Year In Review you got to see the many opportunities, projects and friendships that came along with this. I truly am thrilled every time I hear from one of you. I have virtual friends on the blog and some I even talk to on the phone! I'll never forget the first time I talked to Lesley from The Homeless Finch on the phone. It was so weird to hear her voice after emailing her for so long. She was just as I imagined! I cherish each and everyone of you!

My Etsy shop was an idea from a fellow blogger Dawn from The Feathered Nest inspired me and helped me along. I will never forget her precious words of encouragement. And Debbie from DebbieDoos who hosted a newbie party and told me to turn off my word verification and make sure I wasn't a no-reply blogger!

All these people were so helpful to me and I will pass that along to YOU!

I will announce a giveaway on Monday to celebrate ONE year!

Thank you for all you do for me by listening reading comment and just being a friend! I hope you are glad you are here with me! Let me know if there is something different you would like to see this year!

I am always open to suggestions.
Blessings!

14 comments:

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

Happy Blogiversary, Deneen! :)

Aleks said...

Happy Blogiversary!!

Allie said...

Congrats to your first blog year! May you have many more to celebrate in the future too. Have a great weekend.

The Feathered Nest said...

Congratulations Deneen!!!!! Happy Blogiversary!!! I wish you many more years of blogging and sharing ~ we have a wonderful community of precious friends here....hugs and love, Dawn

HeARTworks said...

Happy Blogaversary and here's to another splendid year! Have a great weekend! Patsy from
HeARTworks

jessica said...

Happy Blog-i-versary!!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

happy blogiversary! :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happiest of Blogiversaries to you Dear Deneen!!! Wow - really - only a year? For some reason I was thinking you'd been doing this much, much, longer. Here's wishing you many, many, more ahead.....I wouldn't change a thing!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Ruffles and Relics said...

congrats to you.. enjoy your blog!!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Congratulations, Deneen!! I can't wait to see what the next year holds. :)

Unknown said...

Ah! I shout out!!! LOL Is it okay that i got a little teary reading this??? I am such a sap! Happy Happy....

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Congratulations Deneen! Doing what you love is the BEST thing!
Lorraine

Love the Decor! said...

Congrats to you !!!

vintageshabbychicks said...

Hi Deneen and congrats on your first year blogging...we've really enjoyed following you!! Julie and Sharon