recent posts...

Friday, March 1, 2013

Cats

Cats are peculiar. Sometimes sneaky and suspicious. Sometimes happy and sometimes grumpy.

We have been around quit a few. Each one has its own personality.

I love seeing all the funny clips about cats on YouTube.

source


As an artist, I love the variations of colors and those wondrous eyes. I have painted my first cat painting from a photo.

As I painted it I kept thinking of all those funny America's Funniest Video moments of cats falling off of counters and sliding into doors.

I wondered if just for a moment I could capture some sort of personality on the canvas.


This was by far the hardest painting I have done.

I keep pressing on

I love painting animals Remember the dogs I did here and here

Maybe next time I will paint some of those infamous cows.....

Oh and see that Union Jack?

That is my piano bench that just sold!

 See whether is is painting canvas or furniture, it is all using creativity and talent that God gave me.

That feeds my soul and makes me happy. I feel blessed to be sharing it with you.

I want to thank I'm Not A Trophy Wife for featuring my White Buffet!

Thanks for entering my Facebook Giveaway!! You still have time! I will draw tonight!


23 comments:

Mary C. Nasser said...

Wonderful cat portrait!
You definitely captured a LOT of personality here!! :)
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Ivy said...

ha! I love grumpy cat...and your painting! HPPF!

Netty said...

terrific cat painting.
Happy PPF, Annette x
http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Faye said...

I LOVE your cat painting! Wow! Such personality!

Anne Manda said...

Great portrait, you captured the character wonderfully! Beautifully done! <3

Unknown said...

Oh, it is beautiful. absolutely beautiful. Well done. So inspiring. and I love cats as well. Thank you for sharing. Have a great PPF!!

Unknown said...

Hello Deneen!!!! I love your painting!!! what a wonderful piece and the expression is amazing! I am so thrilled you popped by and liked the painting I worked on!!! I hope you will love it!!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Deneen,
What a wonderful painting of my favorite subject....cats!
My Gizzy and Gabby are two of my favorite subjects. You do have a God given talent.

hugs
Sissie

Unknown said...

Your paintings of your animals are so amazing. Do you do custom work? These would be great gifts. Blessings, Patti@OldThingsNew

srpprcrftr said...

You are very talented portraitist gal. Wow to have that kind of talent is wonderful. My Dad was an oil painter but I didn't seem to inherit any of that talent. I did seem to inherit love of art and crafting tho.
Your sure caught that kitty's personality. Glad you shared. Happy Weekend

Divine Theatre said...

My favorite cat commercial is the "Cat Herders" one. Have you seen it? Too funny!
I love the painting! You have absolutely caught the personality of that darling kitty!

xo

Andie

Linda Kunsman said...

great talent-and wonderrful cat portrait!!! Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Amazing cat portrait!! You are so talented!! Great job!!

Hugs Giggles

Unknown said...

wow - you really captured this cat! I think painting animals with fur is really hard -- you are great at it!Happy PPF!

thistlewoodfarm said...

We have the cutest cats, too! They are so nosy and always trying to check out what is going on!

blessings,
karianne

Unknown said...

I think that is a fabulous kitty! And I love the blue with the browness of the cat. Great work!

I think a cow might be easier than a fluffy cat, unless it's a long haired cow!

Susan said...

Love your cat and his expressive eyes! Great capture!

Lynn Cohen said...

Precious! I love his wet nose!

Anonymous said...

You captured him beautifully!

tahir sumar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JKW said...

Yep, you certainly captured his personality/look beautifully. Amazing. Blessings, Janet PPF

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.