recent posts...

Friday, March 8, 2013

Spring Mantel Idea

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's, so that sings spring to me!

We have a visitor coming here from Canada, so I want her to feel spring when she enters my home.

What does spring mean to you?

For me it is fresh beautiful flowers getting ready to bloom with the smell radiating in the air...




I started to create my spring mantel with the ideas of what spring means to me! Something I can share with with everyone...



Fresh green....that baby green color of the first little leaves...of moss growing in the cracks of the pavement



birds chirping in the trees announcing the coming of their new little chick



guarding their nests like protective moms



eggs representing new life.........rebirth....


These are all ideas I want to incorporate in my mantel.......

.......and what is spring without little bunnies?


bunnies hopping in the yard

being mischievous in the garden......


pulling out all the carrots.....



beautiful blooming gardens....that what will be on my mantel this year....

and if you visit you will get a glimpse of all the blessings that is ....spring


and as I rearrange and primp my makeshift garden mantel....


I will thank God for all the beauty of this glorious season




and I will hope I captured something that can be shared for our guests and for my family
The dog seems to love it! I added my window fireplace screen from last year too!


It is always hard to capture anything in my living room because I have no light but I hope you feel sun when you look at the pictures

Time to enjoy the season........and now I have to get to the airport! Hope you enjoyed it!


11 comments:

SerendipityRefined said...

I love your spring mantel...and the sweet "friend" sleeping in the chair! I have a yellow lab who's 14 and a half that loves to do the same thing! Happy "almost" spring! xo

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Your mantel looks great! So lush and full of detail! Enjoy your visit!

Stampin' VMG206 said...

Deneen
It's so pretty and colorful! I love the nest and that adorable little bunny! It looks devine.
~ Megin of VMG206

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

I love that bunny !! So pretty ! For me spring is the sighting of the crocus bulb my late father planted when he built the house which we live in ! Always makes me smile !

crafty grandma said...

Love the mantel! A nice sign of Spring is the warm sun on your face even though the wind is still cold and there is 6 ft of snow on the ground...Spring is seeing the grass even though it is brown and wet; spring is the first sign of flowers popping their little heads out of the ground..lastly spring is springing forward so that we can enjoy an extra hour of sunlight!! Enjoy your visitors...I'm a Canadian too eh!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your mantle is very sweet! I can't wait to get some bunnies and chicks out this weekend! It's TIME! I love the longer days! Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! What are the pink flowers? I planted some of those bulbs in my front yard. I could have sworn I planted pink, but they are coming in white. Do they sometimes change color, or am I just remembering wrong? Lol...either way, I love the way they smell!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Deneen your spring mantel looks amazing!! Thanks so much for following me...following you back:)

billy batson said...

Nice article , i want to you all read my article about, Empty Capsules Market.
The increasing emphasis of doctors and patients on superior pharmaceutical products and generics has increased the demand for empty capsules. Several factors are expected to drive the impressive growth of empty capsules in the region as the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector expands in developing countries.

Gary sobers said...

I am looking forward for more updates in this article. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I definitely share this article with my friends. Now its time to avail town car service Houston for more information.

William Jones said...

Thanks for providing this insightful blog. In case you need assignment help, worry not! Your search stops here, as our committed team of experts is always available to assist you in excelling in your pursuits.