recent posts...

Friday, September 11, 2015

Mid Century Chest of Drawers

Lots of things going on around here. We are headed into the holidays and things are hustling. Dreamingincolor will be 2 in a couple of months!! I can't believe it. 

The biggest news is my son got engaged on Aug 4th. I will be in wedding mode from here on out!! Not only am I getting a daughter-in-law, I am also getting a grandson who is 6 years old!! Instant grandma and I cannot be more thrilled. He is just adorable. They also just bought a house so hopefully they will be shopping for some furniture at Dreamingincolor! *wink *wink





I just painted this mid century modern chest of drawers. It was pretty awful in the before picture.
It needed some freshening up. It had some brass knobs but I wanted this to be a total redo. 



When you paint a lot of furniture, you tend to get color block. At least that's what I call it. I stare at a piece forever trying to decide what color and how I want it to look. Some speak to me some don't. Some have the right lines and I just go with it like the wardrobe I painted.

All I knew is I wanted Gold Metallic (modern masters) and Dreamingincolor (my custom color by Country Chic) then I thought of white or cream for the drawers. I asked a customer what they would like and they chose the cream (vanilla frosting) Sometimes that's how it goes in here! If you are shopping while I am painting, you may just be involved in the process.


I love the three different colors. I have to say that I think the gold metallic is what makes this pop.

I changed all the knobs which were a lot. It was worth it. Looks like a brand new dresser. 

I love that the store carries ALL different decor including Mid Century Modern Dressers. It lets people experience different designs and inspires people to add some to their space.

Who knows? My son may be interested in this new piece.

It was a dramatic change.



What do you think?



If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments: