recent posts...

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Marie Antoinette Faux Pocket Watch

I like to make hand made embellishments for the work I create. Some are things I would wear and others are just part of the art of the piece.

I consider this the latter.

The beginning of the week I showed you one of my wire dress forms. I used paper, and lace and although it is a dress, it is done in a whimsical artsy way. It is not fully complete and that's ok.

So this piece is not a "real" piece of jewelry. It's an embellishment.

I added this embellishment to the waist of the form. It was just the right thing to give it some color and add to the uniqueness of it.



I started with an old pocket watch back.



Then I ruffled some vintage pink crepe paper and glued it around the inside of the piece.



I downloaded my image from the Graphics Fairy and cut to fit the inside


I wanted a raised look to it so I used a clear flat glass vase filler.



Glued it and placed it to the inside.

I then glued my paper image to the top and added some pearls


I then attached a loop of pearls to the back to be the chain and attached it to the dress form.

Here is the finished product!


The perfect touch!

I wanted to show you this so you can think of ways to create things with pocket watch pieces that can be an embellishment. There is so much to do with them.

Hope you enjoyed!


4 comments:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

C'est magnifique! There's just something about antique pocket watches that's hard to resist.

Daune Pitman | Cottage in the Oaks said...

So fun, Deneen! Enjoyed all your fun projects these past weeks! =)

Gina Gao said...

That looks like such a nice pocket watch!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

ireland assignment help said...

Struggling to keep up with your assignments? Irelandassignments.ie offers a solution: pay someone to do assignments Ireland. With their team of dedicated writers, you can free up time for other activities and still maintain good grades.