recent posts...

Friday, September 20, 2013

Monster Mason Jars

We get tons of kids ringing our door at Halloween.

The most fun I have is seeing how creative people can get with the costumes.

I do get some special trick or treaters that stop by 

so I made these Monster Mason Jars for them.

When I see this one I think of Family Guy. Not that I ever watch it but that annoying commercial sticks in my head.

Mum, Mah, Mum, Mummy, Mummy, Mah

ahahahhhhhhhhhhhh

Do you know what I am taking about?


Anyways......

I haven't done any Mason Jars and now I am addicted.
This is one of the quickest crafts you will ever do.

Update: New Potion Bottles here with recipe!

I made the mummy but wrapping strips of cheese cloth around the jar and glued googly eyes to it.

Thats it!

add treats or a battery operated light and you are done!

Oh no I didn't stop there!


I made Frank!

Some cut felt for hair, green paint and googly eye draw on scar and mouth with a sharpie and you are DONE!

OH! add some erasers for those weird things on his neck!!
Fill with treats!

This one is even simpler!


The Ghost!

literally just a sheet

a rubber band and googly eyes

cut a square wrap around top to cover mason jar and wrap with a rubber band.

Glue googly eyes 
(I love those thing)

Fill with treats

D-O-N-E

I think the little ones will love them!

And now for my Horror Story.....

I Can't Stop!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

As Seen in Real Simple Magazine!



If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

Oooooooh love your mummy! I just saved a sauce jar that this would work perfectly on!

Jeanine

Unknown said...

Well that is just too cute Deneen !!!
XOXO

Bliss said...

I don't know what's the matter with me.... when I read "Monster" I was thinking big mason jars, huge mason jars, enormous ones. I get it now, it's that time of the year.

Darla from HeartWork Organizing said...

So cute! I love my little mason jars for all sorts of things...and now for monsters, too!

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Ultra cute Deneen!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

So cute! I wish we got trick-or-treaters out here in the sticks!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

I love cute, quick and easy projects like this one!