recent posts...

Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Downton Abbey Fix

OH Canada!!

No...... this is not a post about one of my favorite bloggers!

It isn't even a post about our little visitor this week. Please read to understand my craziness.

It has been a week long journey for our little Canadian friend.

As I told you, last week my daughter's friend from Canada visited for the first time.

She is from London, no not England, Canada. She drove to Detroit and took a plane from there. When she arrived we wanted to take her somewhere to eat that was "country". We chose Cracker Barrel. Where else can you get homemade biscuits and gravy, grits and breakfast for lunch! (besides my own home) She loved it.

We took her to many places but one place stood out!

She loves doing historical things so we took her to the Belle MeadeMansion. I knew she would love it but I didn't realize that when I stepped into the barn I was feeling a little weepy. I miss Downton Abbey!! WAAAAAAHHHHH There I said it!

The whole time I watched the seasons I never wrote a post about it till now!




Being in the place where the horse drawn carriages and cars were parked made me think of my favorite show.
I wondered about Tom and wondered what he felt like when he went from being a "mechanic" to being in the "family".

When I saw this dollhouse I wondered if Lord Grantham would get Henry to build one for poor Sybil and Tom's baby or even for Mary and William's baby, George.



I thought about poor Matthew. What will they do without him?


With Bates out of jail will he take over more duties at the mansion? Will he be in charge of more important things?

When I walked the grounds and came across this building with its gorgeous texture, I wondered if Bates and Anna would be happy in their new home.


or would Thomas and O'Brien the evil maid, keep coming up with schemes behind closed doors


(When we walked in the mansion and took the tour we weren't allowed to take pictures so I found this online.)
source

Then there was the parlor.....would Countess Violet come up with new sarcastic remarks in the new season?.....will Lady Cora entertain more hopefuls for Lady Edith with a party there?

All these questions and we have to wait so long to see next season.

I know this is a far cry from Highclere Castle but it did it for me! It gave me a little fix while I await   my questions being answered.



So Julian Fellowes better keep writing some great stuff so I can obsess more and write crazy posts about things that remind me of this TV show that takes away more of my time!

So I say goodbye on that note! And we say goodbye to our Canadian friend! Hope she liked Nashville!!



4 comments:

Little Miss Maggie said...

I miss Downton Abbey too! The season is far too short.

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

I am still traumatized about downtown ..so yeah WAAHHH ..I agree!

Great post!

Unknown said...

We never saw a single episode of Downton Avvey before january when we purchased all three season through Amazon online. My husband and I became hooked and found ourselves watching 2 or 3 episodes an evening until we'd seen them all. I felt like you after the last episode. What are we going to do with ourselves? And to end on such a sad note! What a well done show with such beauty. We may just have to re-watch the entire season before the next one starts up again. Blessings to you, Patti

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I so agree! Not enough episodes! I suppose because it's such an expensive and complicated show...that must be the reason....but I still don't like it! What a wonderful place! Hope she had fun!