recent posts...

Monday, May 27, 2013

Castle Gwynn




Did you know I have a castle in my backyard? (well, 15 minutes away)

This is a story about a beautiful princess.......

Once upon a time.....in the land of Tennessee, there lived a beautiful princess. She was the most beautiful princess I have ever seen.

Due to stolen content I had to start to truncate my posts. Please continue to read! 


She walked amongst the land with poise and grace, dreaming of her knight in shining armour.
(I am having fun with this)


Every year in May this becomes the backdrop of the Renaissance Festival. Funny story is the man that built this castle was my high school photographer, Mike Freeman. He did my prom pictures and graduation pictures. In the 70's he had a dream of building this castle and it became a reality. He continues the dream today as he adds more to the structure and grounds each year.


It is named after his wife Gwynn.

My little princess visited with me. She approached the castle and seemed to belong there.


The bottom floor is the only part that is opened to view. That is because they live in it.


There were tons of arches and brick. This is the kitchen dining area. It was hard to get any pictures because there were tons of people.

My favorite part was the chandelier. It lowers down by remote control so the candles can be lit.


Back to my princess.....lol

She dreams one day to live in the castle with her prince.


Until then... she thinks of all the things she can accomplish. All the goals she can achieve!



Faraway lands to visit.....

You see, this princess can do anything she sets her sights for. (OK I am a little bias!) But...As the Queen...I can be!

So I sit and wait to watch it all unveil! How exciting it is!


I hope you enjoyed our little story today.

If we all set our minds to it ....we can be anything we imagine.

So make a wish.... say a prayer....work hard....set your sites high!


"A dream is a wish your heart makes!"....Cinderella

Mike Freeman had a dream and it became a reality! A grand one at that!


Front of castle


Back of Castle

What would you dream up and do if you knew you wouldn't fail?

go ahead!
GO FOR IT!


8 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

This is such a sweet post Deneen. I believe that dreams do come true and it's up to us to make it happen.
Love the story of the Princess and the castle is wonderful.

hugs
Sissie

Unknown said...

What a pretty, magical place!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

What a fun post! You're little princess is beautiful! Does she work there or did she just dress for the occasion? I have never been to Ren-fair, but my sister-in-law, who is a belly dancer, works at several of the seasonal ones. Looks like fun!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Deneen, what an enchanting castle. Loved this post and the pics with the sweet story. I do believe in dreams coming true with hard work and determination.

Thank you for sharing.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

What a beautiful princess (and castle)! You are always so positive and so inspiring... thank you!!

Take care,

Trish

karen@somewhatquirky said...

That's a great question Deneen! Great pictures.

Little Miss Maggie said...

I can't believe you have a castle practically in your back yard. How cool is that?

malia said...

Holy cow what a cool structure! That looks like a super fun place to visit!