recent posts...

Monday, September 21, 2015

Fall Light-Up Topiary


Don't you just love fall? 

All the beautiful colors and textures are everywhere. Once again I find myself decorating and sprucing up the house. I am always looking for a way to create something. Last year I decorated outside with some fun budget friendly ideas. This year I am looking for table ideas.

I just love all the fall decor out there. The pumpkins come in all different colors, textures and sizes. 
When I came across this Owl candle holder I knew I would incorporate all this in my design.








Layering all the items on a table in groupings is what gives this a great look.



Supplies:

  • Assorted Pumpkins
  • Owl candle holder (Old Time Pottery)
  • fall floral picks
  • Assorted acorns
  • Battery operated Tea lights
  • Hot glue
I used the wicker pumpkins in two sizes to create the topiary. Stack the small one on the large one and hot glue. The topiary stack will NOT be glued to the owl. It will sit on top so it will be easy to remove when turning the tea light on and off. I added a floral pic by inserting right into the pumpkin.



Gathering two large fall leaf floral pics, wrap together wire to connect in the center.


Then push wire into the candle holder.

Add the battery operated tea light before sitting the wicker pumpkins on top


add the topiary pumpkins to the top of owl


Spread all the pumpkins and acorns around centerpiece


Now you have a beautiful array of colors for your tabletop! This works as a night light too.

EASY!! Saving time for other projects.

I think I will make another one for my porch. So many possibilities!

Happy Fall!!















1 comment:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Deneen,
This is so adorable and pretty. Love it. This is probably the only time of year that I like orange and Fall colors in my home. Just can't resist all the cute pumpkins.

hugs
Sissie