recent posts...

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Antique Vanity-Redo of a Redo

Funny how things make a full circle!


Fifteen years ago my precious niece was born. (Remember my post of her here.) My sister eventually turned her nursery into a big girl room. She wanted something different and found two beautiful antique pieces. One was a small wardrobe and the other was a vanity.


She wanted my help with her project.We stained it with green and white washed over that. I then hand painted little flowers on the front of the drawers.



As the years went on the little vanity took some abuse. She was very worn and my sister sent it to the garage.


Till the other day....


She gave me the vanity to redo again. Yes gave! This time it is mine for the store. (Hurray! Good sis!)


It came like this. Taken apart for new life.


The drawers are dove-tailed and very sturdy. The hardware is original and beautiful with a white wash to show off the details. They will stay.


The mirror is in perfect condition!

I decided to keep the green/grey drawers and brighten the outer piece up. I painted it with Martha Stewart's Ducks Egg.

Over the years the color faded to an almost greyish hue. I didn't have the heart to paint over everything. I wanted some of the story to shine through. I left the drawers as they were. I distressed them more though. Am I too sentimental?

I sanded it more and stained over everything.



Love the scalloped edge!



I can't wait to see it with the mirror attached. I will update when I set it up at the store so you can see the real finished product!

Before


After



It is just waiting for some vintage bottles to adorn the top.
I think I have a project to do!

Let me know what you think!

Another thank you to Eisey Morgan for the feature of my Audrey Dresser! 

I never get tired of saying Thank You!!!

No I haven't forgot! 
I am just thinking......Coming soon..... a Giveaway

Furniture Feature FridaysRedouxThetootsiewootsie

10 comments:

Cynthia said...

How sweet. I love how you left the flowers from before... it adds to the charm.

the junk in our trunks said...

that came out super cute, I love the colors. Great job.
Kathryn

Cassie Bustamante said...

so pretty! the colors are just stunning, deneen!

said...

Fabulous! Martha's Duck Egg is one of my faves and it looks amazing on this piece! And I adore that you left some of your original art on the drawers. Just gorgeous.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful Deneen! I love the drawers how they are distressed and offset the color of the frame....very cool. I'm thinking your sis and/or niece are gonna be wanting that BACK once they see what you've done with it! Awesome again! Happy Wednesday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Lydia said...

Very gorgeous! I like that you left the drawers alone for the most part, it definitely adds more to it than would have if they were changed. Great job!

Pamela said...

Super sweet!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Great job and I love the color!!

Honey at 2805 said...

It's gorgeous!

Hope you will please drop by and enter my $50 Overstock.com Gift Card Giveaway!! Hometalk has said if I get 500 entries, they will increase the Gift Card to $100.
Honey

Mariel@ www.sexymodeststyle.com said...

you made it look so beautiful =)

i love how you just make these furniture's have life again.

Come link this up at my woot woot wednesdays!
www.tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com