recent posts...

Friday, July 1, 2011

Beautiful Swan

Yesterday I showed you a project I picked up for a redo. Let me tell you it was quite a project!


I really couldn't wait to finish this one! Every time I turned around there was more yellow to paint over. The funny thing is that when I was all done I sanded the piece so yellow could come through in certain places. Weird huh?

Remember the before picture Ugly Duckling!





I don't know why I don't have a picture with the drawers in. I was probably blinded by all the yellow!!!! I painted it black with green drawers then stained and waxed.


The after......Beautiful Swan




This little dresser had potential. It just needed someone to believe in it!


I love the knobs! Little crowns with a blue green background! The perfect ending to a sad beginning!










No more yellow! Well just a bit. I love what shined through the black paint.


Not a bad little redo.

I am so excited that Karen is featuring my French Piano Bench over at Redoux! 
Thanks Karen for your kind words!

Redoux
Redoux

7 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

That came out beautiful!! I love the knobs too :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

love the colors and the knobs! great job!

Rose Petal Hollow said...

I love what you did with it. The colors are perfect.
MaryAnn

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Awesome makeover! It turned out beautiful.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Gotta hand it to you Girl....you made all us Doubting Thomases eat crow (well...not literally of course!) (And now I do believe you have a magic wand...and I WANT one too!) Great redo! Have a wonderful holiday weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Unknown said...

So exciting to see the results! You left us yesterday like Ryan Seacrest goes to commercials!! Looks awesome.

Good Time Charlie said...

Oh I love that color, but those knobs steal the show! Those are fantastic! Happy 4th -K