recent posts...

Monday, October 10, 2011

Handpainted Sign and A Winner!

I do signs commercially for a living. Its kinda like a mechanic that doesn't work on his own car. I don't do a lot of them on my blog or in my store. Funny how that happens.

I thought it would be good to start doing more for Christmas. Signs people might want to hang in their own home. Like my ticket or wish sign.  This one would be all hand done with paint and wax.  I thought this one would look good in a kitchen. I like the idea of one word signs. I think there will be more to come. What do you think?






Hand lettered and distressed
I think I will make more! Lets make this fun.....

What would you like to see? Give me words,colors sayings its your choice and who knows it might be my Giveaway when I reach 500!

I have decided to highlight the people that comment on my posts! There are some that comment all the time and I would like to showcase YOU!
I will start next week!

The winner of the Hair Clips or Pin is....





Congratulations and Thank you for being a loyal reader!

Cassie from Primitive & Proper! 
Please email me your info and I will send it to you!
Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party

8 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Congrats to Cassie!

Kitchen & Laundry come to mind as words that would be popular on signs. Bath, too. Love the Grocery sign!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Congratulations to Cassie!

I LOVE your Grocery sign!
The "Kitchen" and "Bath" are popular.
I also see alot of "Homestead" ,"Primitives", "Welcome", "Market"
Black with white lettering or white or cream with black lettering. Just some suggestions!

*Jeana* said...

I love your grocery sign..I will have to make myself one...it will go on my to do list when i get time..You do great work..

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oooooeeee....LOVE your new sign!!! Oh man...you asked the wrong person 'cuz words and groups of words will be parading through my mind for the better part of a day until I find a new amusement!! Let's see....how's 'bout starting with..."Olde Crowe", "Dance Hall", "Public Phone", "Woolens", "Mercantile", "General Store", "Facilities", "Eggs", "Day Rooms For Let"....oh man...and then there's Christmas!! Like I said - you should have never opened that Pandora's Box of yours!!

Congratulations Cassie!!! Thanks Deneen, for hostessing yet another wonderful giveaway....Smiles & Hugs to Both ~ Robin

Unknown said...

One word ideas for signs.....lets see...here is a brainstorm for you....

Eat, Coffee, Peace, Goodbye, Welcome, Friendship, Departures, Arrivals (like a train station), Apothecary, Perfumes, Cosmetics, Relaxation, Aromatherapy, Recreation, Parking, Grains, Beans, Breads, Pantry, Stuff, Recycle.

Some might be usable, some not. Left all that came to mind as I typed. Good luck!

Tricia Hicks said...

Welcome (to Tennessee) :)
I'm your newest follower!

Cassie Bustamante said...

totally made my day!!!
as for signs, i am a big fan of simple sayings like "eggs" "fresh produce" "apples" and of course "ice cream!"

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

I think "farm fresh eggs" would be cute! A few others: patisserie, beignet, soap, garden, fresh herbs

You could do Christmas words, too: jolly, jingle, imagine