recent posts...

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Plaque

From time to time I have people that like to give me things because they know what I do. They know how I am. They know I am a little crazy at times in the way I look at things.


If you have been on my blog before you know I like thinking outside the box. Spending a lot of time at linky parties, I tend to get a whim to do something I don't see. One way to do this is get an object and look at it differently. You can see what I mean when you look at some of my top ten posts. Or my red bird project.


My mom found this plaque/candle holder at a thrift store and thought I could do something with it. My first idea was to make a sign with it.


In 1977 someone made this and painted these little Indian girls on it. Well kinda fall looking.......but Not my taste ! 


I decided to paint it with Annie Sloan's Graphite. After I painted it I came up with my idea to make this for Halloween.


Notice the shape......



I painted two dresser knobs that I had and glued a piece of pine cone in between to come up with this....




BEFORE
AFTER





He is sitting on the wall next to the door to greet people as they come in. I love how easy this project was. I see birds a lot hmmmmm.
It just took a little thought! Love projects like that!

The little candle holder shelf can hold anything. It looks cute with a candle too! But why not do something different!

What different ideas have you come up with today?

I would love to see them!


Thank you to West Furniture Revival for featuring my ticket sign and theatre sign!!



5 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

you had awesome vision for that- LOVE it!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Brilliant! You definitely have a vision. :) I try to do that when I'm junking, but sometimes nothing will come to me.

Southern Junk Chic said...

You're so creative Deneen! The owl is perfect for that design!

Unknown said...

Hoot! lol You know how I love me some owl!! When you said to look at the shape, I saw a ladies dress!!! go figure. lol

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a hoot Deneen!! Love it! You have very gifted vision me thinks....You had to add the eyes and nose before I "saw...." Guess that's why you do what you do - and I don't!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin