recent posts...

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hershey's Chocolate Cake and other Mishaps

For some reason I can't seem to take pictures and cook! Doing too many tasks in the kitchen for me leads to mistakes.

I don't know if it was concentrating on taking pictures or if it was designing my business cards but as I was making the recipe for this scrumptious cake I realized something went wrong!

So if you come to my blog looking for the perfect everything...you will not find it here!

I do have to say that is still came out awesome! If you would like to try it here is the recipe.


Hershey's Chocolate Cake






1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
16 oz can Hershey Syrup
1 stick of butter
4 eggs

Topping
1 stick butter
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup sugar

Mix all five of the cake ingredients together and pour in a 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 325* for 30 minutes.





On stovetop combine topping mixture and bring to a boil. After it boils turn to low for 2 minutes.




Remove and add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips






When cake is done pour mixture over top of cake.





Should be like a glaze. Cool and enjoy!

This is where the mishap occured. Too much evaporated milk! Yes my cake was floating!!!
After it soaked in some I drained it. I tasted it and YUMMY!!! It was still awesome! The topping should have been more of a glaze and it does sink in to the cake but shouldn't have been so much.

Note to self: Pay attention when cooking!!!

The other mishap.....

The other day I was cleaning and I stripped the dog bed to wash it. Puppy has a memory foam bed! He really loves it. I mean who wouldn't it is so soft and cuddly.

But Puppy being Puppy....he decided to get in on all the decorating around here.





OH DUDLEY!!!!

Thank God for Duct Tape!

On another note, I am happy to say that my Thank You Party was a huge success! Lesley got lots of hits and followers! It is all because of you! Thank you and I cannot wait to feature YOU!

Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

Rhissanna said...

I'll take a piece with my coffee, floating or no!

And I love Dudley's face in that shot! Cute or what?

Grammy Goodwill said...

Oh, that cake is so yummy. I have made it for years. I mean, really, years - since the 70's. It is my favorite cake of all time. I'm sorry about the puppy bed, but he sure is cute - even when he's in trouble. hehehe

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh yummmm....I've been craving something chocolate and warm....this is the ticket....Hmmmm wonder if I have any chocolate syrup around....
And I feel your pain with Dudley - at least it was HIS bed....our first Siberian chewed up our couch cushions - we had finally scraped enough money together after we were newly married to refinish the old mohair couch I had and dang if that dog didn't chew the smithereens out of it....It wasn't funny - even now. ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Southern Junk Chic said...

Cake looks yummy! I can so relate to the doggie issues, mine are with the trash can. I finished my union jack dresser! Please check it out and let me know what you think! It was fun - but don't think i'll try it on such a curvy piece.
http://southernjunkchic.blogspot.com/2011/10/union-jack-dresser.html

Stacey@Three French Hens said...

Had a bite of the cake today--delicious is really not a fair enough adjective !

Sam | Away She Went said...

ROFL! Puppies! That's definitely something my puppy would do. It's so hard to get mad at those cute little faces though!