recent posts...

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Painted White Desk

This was one of those projects that seemed to take a little more time. It all started when my husband broke the antique mirror to this vanity. I was so sad! The mirror was in perfect condition.

Around here, we transform things. I decided to make it a desk and save the broken mirror for another project.




I started to paint the details in blue but really didn't like it so I decided to change it to white.






Much better! Sometimes you just have to experiment to see what you like. I only changed the top pulls and left the bottom original.




I dry brushed over the top of the pull so the details could show up more. I upholstered a little bench to go with it and brought it to the store!

The little mishap turned into a little gem! (and saved my husband) LOL


And if someone wants to hang a mirror over it, I think it could still be a cute vanity! Now it is ready for some love notes for Valentines!

Available at La Vie En Rose Cottage in Nashville, Tennessee.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! I like it better white as well! :)

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
http://bonniegetchell.blogspot.com

Catherine Denton said...

So cute! I liked the blue details but white is pretty as well. The seat is fun with it.
Catherine Denton

Allie said...

Love the transformation! Someone is going to snatch that up soon. You did a fantastic job :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

so pretty and sweet! i love that you kept the hardware, and love those pretty details!

Southern Junk Chic said...

Looks great Deneen!

Calypso In The Country said...

Great job! I love the final transformation. Have a nice weekend!
-Shelley

Unknown said...

That's gorgeous! I love how you try new things and then just adapt if they don't work out! Thanks so much for sharing at my party!