recent posts...

Monday, August 27, 2012

French Hutch

French Provincial furniture is the in thing. Every time I paint a piece of it I sell it quick, This was no exception. I don't know about all of you but it seems it gets harder and harder to find those great pieces. I think everyone is painting furniture these days!

If you have been around my blog long you know I don't like doing the same thing. It gets harder coming up with something different though. I knew I wanted to paint it black but that is sooooo boring. It sat painted black for a while.

Then my sister gave me an idea to paint the back in french script.

I chose "How Do I Love Thee" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning because well...it is my favorite!!

 I painted the inside white so the writing stood out great.Almost too great. It needed toning down so I dry brushed over it.


It stayed in the store for literally 2 days when someone answered my craigslist ad and bought it!

  
The customer sent me a picture.
She change it up a bit and I love it. She tea stained it and painted the shelves black.



Thanks Mellisa!!!

I love when customers send me a picture!

What do you think?



Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog

7 comments:

akawest said...

I like it. :)

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

great looking piece!

Roisin said...

Beautiful piece--and what a great idea with the script@!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Beautiful piece Deneen!
I can see why it didn't stick around long!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Unknown said...

Great story.:) I happen to like the black shelves too. :)

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous piece - absolutely loving it -
Your newest follower - would love to have you come for visit when you have the time and follow back :)
Hugs,
Suzan

michele said...

it's stunning and has totally inspired me. thanks for sharing this.

smiles to you.

michele

p.s.
would love to have you stop by and/or follow http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com!