recent posts...

Monday, March 25, 2013

Rabbit Pillow

One Easter my kids were determined to catch the Easter Bunny.

At that time, my son was into maps and building things. He sat down and sketched different ideas out on paper to figure out how he would do it.

That week my son and daughter built a cardboard box contraption! He raised it up and leaned it on a stick with a string attached. They were so excited to catch him.

That year the Easter bunny got away but left them with a big stuffed rabbit and a note saying better luck next time!

Seems the Easter bunny has a sense of humor!

The next year they did the same and the Easter bunny left them a real rabbit!!

The loved him!

It got me thinking that I wanted to paint a rabbit. Not just any painting.....I decided to paint a pillow.



It is nice to paint. I never get tired of all the ways I can add it to my decor. Hand painting a pillow is great because I know no one has it. It is an original!

I took these pictures at night. I don't like doing that but the sun left before I could snap the pictures.

The was something I wanted to do. I wanted to put it in the sun room. You see when I sit in there I am surrounded by bunnies. Real bunnies hopping everywhere!

I wrote about it when I made my delicious Easter Cocoa Nests.

I look out of the window and watch them every spring and into summer.

I

It is more fitting sitting on the sofa.

It is great to decorate for Easter but I think this pillow can be used anytime.

Maybe I should offer him a pinecone carrot!

I think painting more pillows may be in my future!



What do you think? Giveaway going on at my facebook page!


I would love for you to follow me! Click below or on the side where you see the follow button!

15 comments:

Pascale said...

Wow Deneen, great job. You're right, no one has such a pillow. It's unique. Do you use special paint for fabric? Regards, Pascale

miss flibbertigibbet said...

It's adorable! You have such a wonderful talents, I can copy stuff but I can't paint something in my mind and I so wish I could! It's lovely !

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Deneen,
I love your gorgeous hand painted pillow. What a cute story you share too.
Your talents are amazing my friend.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comments. I am so enjoying catching up today and thanks for stopping by while I was away from my blog with visiting family.
They just left and I am exhausted. LOL

Have a special Easter week.
HUGS!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Deneen,
I love your bunny pillow. His face is adorable and I love his eyes. You are a great artist. Is there no end to your many talents!

hugs
Sissie

Little Miss Maggie said...

Your rabbit is so beautiful. I love all the colors and the pillow makes it a great way to enjoy him all the time.

srpprcrftr said...

I am so envious of your talent. Love that pillow. Your bunny is so cute and real looking. Happy Easter and Spring.

Unknown said...

This pillow is amazing! I love it - the colors are so soothing! Loved the stories about your kids hoping to catch the Easter Bunny too. :)

denthe said...

Wonderful pillow! love the colours!

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

I love the way the rabbit looking straight out at you. Great idea for a cushion cover

EVA said...

How adorable! And perfect for Easter. It goes beautifully both on that chair or the couch.

bellefrogworks said...

Wow - beautiful painting. I think he can hang around the house in any season. HPPF

Faye said...

Your bunny pillow is fantastic. I've never tried to paint on fabric. Looks difficult. It turned out really great.

Netty said...

Fab cushion, loving the gorgeous rabbit.
Happy Easter and HPPF. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Giggles said...

Gorgeous cushion, so classy!! You could probably sell them locally!!

Hugs Giggles

Dianne said...

adorable pillow...you really captured the rabbit's facial features! and quite original decorating idea!