recent posts...

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Milk Paint Stool {Getting Your Vitamin D}

Well this has been quite a week. Storms blew in to our town and trees and homes in our subdivision were damaged. We had several fall in our yard but all in all we did ok. Everyone was safe, thank God!






Then I had some computer problems. As we all know, we need our computers to do anything! Hopefully I am back up with no problems now. Really hate when I can't post!

I lost some of me pictures transferring them from my camera and I don't know if I can get them back. I do have some shots of my first Milk Paint project though.

I am not sure about milk paint yet. I am so used to painting with chalk paint, it was like learning to paint all over again.


I mixed the powder with too much water and had a huge mess! It was dripping all over. It hardly covered anything! What a huge fail!  Then I adjusted the powder. Yes I am slow and didn't realize I should have done this in the beginning!



You have seen this fabric before when I did this chair. It is bright and cheery and went well with this project. Loved all the swirly details on it. It had a rough start though.

I was painting over chalk paint and didn't even know if it would work. Happy to say it did. I did not get the cool chippy look though. Love all the colors with the Milk Paint. This one is a golden yellow.

                                                            Reminds me of sunshine!

A sweet little spot to sit back.....


A nice place to kick your feet up and have some tea....or wine ....or Jack...whatever your heart desires.

A place where you read about your new project that graces the magazines, and all of your followers commenting how great you are.


A place to have sunshine blown up your ....ask me what dream world I am in? lol Back to reality!

This is the only way I will get my dose of Vitamin D!


How are you getting your sunshine?


12 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

CUTE CUTE makeover! MMS milk paint is hard to get use to..I'm still trying to:) Are you doing the Bella Rustica show in August?

Blessings,
Linda

miss flibbertigibbet said...

You just need a good Milk Paint Guru...PICK ME! PICK ME! LOL.....milk paint IS a wonky sort of thing but you'll get the hang after a bit of trial and error! Unless, of course you consult your Guru first.

Unknown said...

You did it Deneen - you mentionned sunshine blowing LMHO !!!!!!!!
It's soooo pretty - I haven't tried milk paint either - but everytime I see a project I'm more and more intrigued - loving it - great job!!!
XOXO

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

haven't tried the milk paint...it seems to be a little more work that I am willing to do. the stool turned out great

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

You did it! I knew you could.
I haven't tried milk paint yet, either. But your sunny little stool is working it. I have about 12 cans of chalk paint to use up first.
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy...
but I'm happy to get it any way I can. ;)

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

You did it!! You are so awesome! So is your stool. I just ordered my first milk paint and I hope it goes well!

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is adorable! love the color and details!

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Deneen I love these colors. Incredibly fun. Sometime I blow smoke up my own --- I have to when we go days without sunshine.

Unknown said...

Ha! Vitamin D...sure. ;) I am actually Vitamin D deficient. I am suppose to be taking a prescribed suppliment. Oops! Better get at the one... along with saving the world! lol

Love the cheery stool. I didn't realize your weather had been so nasty. Seems that everyone is getting the storms this year. Batten down the hatches girl! lol

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

Ahh I love it great colors!!! Looks like such a sweet spot to relax!
My husband would love the Jack too!

LindaC said...

Glad you are ok. Do you live out Highway 96 in M'boro? Our area had a great deal of damage with trees down on houses and autos. We were blessed and had no damage. I really like the colorful stool. I find MMS paint takes practice to get use to. BTW, I have things at SSM also. Maybe we will run into each other there one day. Linda

Heather said...

What brand/color is this?