recent posts...

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Patriotic Games

I grew up knowing the meaning of being patriotic. Knowing how to respect the flag and my country. Red, White and Blue was something to be proud of. 
For me, decorating with the flag and patriotic decor brings back wonderful memories of my childhood.

I had a conversation about this the other day with a customer at my store. Her son is in the military. She was concerned about how children today view our patriotic holidays and if they even knew the meaning. Made me wonder....

We said the Pledge of Allegiance in school and even sang patriotic hymns. They made me proud and happy. I admired the soldiers that fought for our freedom as I do today. Red, White and blue was family and friends, apple pie and picnics.



Fireworks in celebration 
It is up to us to teach our children well

We have had some wonderful memories and my family continues the traditions.

This holiday I will grill out again, put up my patriotic decor and enjoy my family.
I will pray for the men that continue to fight for our freedom and the families that have given up so much



My home will have my DIY flags and decor like my paint stick flag above. My store will be decorated again with the wonderful bunting I made using my Old Time Pottery vinyl cloth. It looks like Old time USA!

This year I added to the fun. I enhanced a Game of Corn Hole and Tic-Tac-Toe, purchased at Old Time Pottery, by painting it with the stars and strips creating a Patriotic Yard Game. It was a fun and easy project that I think old and young will appreciate


Find out how to make it over at the Old Time Pottery Blog!

I would love to know what your traditions are for the holidays we in America celebrate.

Do you create your own decor?

Leave a comment below.




If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments: