recent posts...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Paris Grey Buffet {Christmas}

Back in the summer I purchased an old dresser. You know the kind, someone's redo project. The one that doesn't quite look like what they thought it would. So I got lucky.

The problem.....so very heavy.

I actually bought it for the store but when I got it in the house I said "This sucker is staying here!" I just couldn't see lifting it again. It my just go with the house if I ever sell it lol!

The one thing I loved was the carved details. The rest of it had to go! Especially those knobs!
My big plan was to have it all done for Thanksgiving.....yeah well you know how my last few months have been. So out came the tablecloth and I covered it up. Don't judge me!!!lol

Then one night I couldn't stand it any longer. Out came the grey paint and crystal knobs!



So I got a little paint on the floor. That's an easy clean up. There was no way I was gonna move this sucker again! It fits perfect there and goes well with my Christmas Decor! Love the before and after! Especially the after!






 What you don't see is that it still has to be waxed! Hee Hee! Gotta love the blogs! Things usually aren't what they seem!

I can't wait to put all the homemade cookies on top of it! .........If I get them baked!

7 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

It looks beautiful Deneen. I have the same problem with a wardrobe. We're moving soon, and we put it together in the bedroom, there's no way we're getting it out again!

Have a wonderful Christmas x

Cassie Bustamante said...

i can see why it was a keeper! it is gorgeous. the details and color are so perfect!!!! don't you love when you have a piece you get to keep!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Just beautiful...love all those carved details...very romantic...the grey and crystal are perfect!

Linda said...

These words came out of my mouth when I saw the after: Oh My God! You created such beauty out of a piece that was sooooo ugly. Nice job.
Linda

Ooh So Shabby said...

This turned out amazing! I love the gray and the crystal knobs. I painted my desk a similar color with those exact knobs, they go so well together.

Alycia Nichols said...

You don't want to lift it again? No problem...I'll just come and take it off your hands for you! :-) You did an outstanding paint and job!!! Outstanding!!! The knob change made all the difference, too. Before, it looked like the bottom two drawers formed a sinister smiley face! I wish I had the patience to paint furniture like I used to. That was a great purchase for you...after you worked your magic! Have a wonderful Christmas, Deneen, and enjoy that pretty new piece of furniture!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wonderful piece Deneen - looks amazing against your wall color. Think it was made for your home....Wishing you all the wonder of the season....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin