recent posts...

Monday, May 23, 2011

My Sister's Shower

Well it was a busy weekend! Sorry I didn't post but I wanted to make sure I put all my efforts into making this day special for my sister Toni.

Its funny that when you are small you never realize how much a sibling will mean to you as you get older. We used to pull each others hair out and pinch till we broke skin. I know, horrible! Now I can't imagine what I would do without her! She has always been there for me, that's what make this day special! Now I can do something for her!

All in all I think it came out nice.

I made chicken salad croissants, fresh fruit salad, shrimp, strawberry spinach salad with strawberry vinaigrette, pinwheel sandwiches, champagne punch and sangria. The colors were Tiffany Blue and black.





The desserts were strawberry cheese tarts, raspberry cake and my mom made chocolate truffles. I made little "Tiffany" boxes to put truffles in for the Thank You favor.




It was an intimate crowd that made it perfect to be able to sit and talk and visit for awhile!
She got a lot of great gifts too!




I got the dish set she registered for at Macy's. I fell in love with the colors and pattern so I had to get her the 4 place settings. I also got the serving bowl and platter to go with it!









I also gave her my painting of "Rhythm"  that she wanted to go in her new home.

I think she had a great time and she seemed so happy. Although she is tired and probably a little stressed with the wedding around the corner. She was able to sit and laugh and enjoy the day!








We will always be there for each other. This is the time we celebrate! Now its time to plan a wedding reception!

But first I have a Memorial Day Picnic coming up I have to shop for so another busy week!

I will be doing a Giveaway soon so stay tuned! Tomorrow I get to show you something awesome....I can't wait!


linking to
handmade projects

tp://"/>

6 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Looks like a beautiful shower Deneen! Every little detail perfectly accounted for....and some of my very favorite foods - mmmmm...chicken salad croissants; raspberry cake - and truffles!!!! Oh my! Love the picture of you and your sis.... Thanks for sharing! Smiles ~ Robin

Arabella said...

Beautiful food, gifts and friends - looks like a lovely time!

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Everything looks so chic....and yummy. I was looking at the beautiful platter and then my eyes were drawn to the armoire in the picture. I have one that is extremely similar...do you have any history on it? Would appreciate any info you could share.

Sue said...

What a sweet sister you are! Love the color theme of blue and black. That food table is making me hungry- I think I just worked up an appetite while out walking. LOL
Am visiting from Marty's party.
:-) Sue

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Such a darling sweet sister you are! Wish I had one! It looks like it was a wonderful party, I loved all the yummy stuff! All the best for your dear sister, so nice! I'm at TT, too.
Hugs
FABBY

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a lovely shower and your pictures are wonderful. Everything is done to perfection. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, marty