recent posts...

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Just Hanging Around!

Well not really! I am very nervous about tomorrows voting in the American Crafter Round 2. I frantically got my project together and I absolutely love it. I hope you all do to and vote for me! Voting starts tomorrow at 4pm MST! New project preview here tomorrow.







Today's project
I found some vintage wooden hangers and wanted to use them in my painted wardrobe. I wanted to fancy them up a bit so I decided to Mod Podge them. Yes I have turned into a Mod Podge freak but I love it.





This is where they will go in my newly painted wardrobe.

I still have a few things to do to this piece so it really isn't complete yet but this is where the hangers will be.





I started with these wooden hangers and some scrapbook paper.





I tore this into little pieces. The rough edges look better than a straight edge when gluing it down.





I started piecing it together with the Mod Podge.





See it coming together!





It covered nicely and is ready to hang something special on it.





Now I have to do a few more. I think these are great for this little piece. It goes with the specialness of the wardrobe. So much better than plastic hangers! Fun and easy! It looks great too!

3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great project - and looks like one even I can handle! Love your little cupboard too! Good luck tomorrow! Smiles ~ Robin

nádya said...

You've got lovely ideas and this hanger is one of them...it looks so simple the way you do it and the final result is just beautiful!!! Great job!!!

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

It's my day for a blog hop, I'd love it if you came over and shared one of your great recipes at savory sunday!! Have a great day :)