recent posts...

Monday, July 18, 2011

French Lamp

I love when things come together smoothly!


I had a tan oval lampshade that was boring but I loved the shape of it. Sometimes in my travels I buy things for "someday". You know "someday" don't you?


"Someday" can get you in trouble when it gets out of hand. "Someday" can also be your best friend!


I love when I forget about the little thing I bought and put away for a project. When I go searching for that one object that will be perfect for one of my creations and find it and it works....viola!


That's what I did with the lampshade. I put it away for "someday". Well "someday" is here.


I started with this:


Its a great shape, isn't it?

I added some fringe to it to spice it up.


I thought it was a little plain so I made a ribbon flower to attach to the front of the shade.


It's hard to tell the details in the picture. I then needed a base.
I found this adorable base of the Eiffel Tower. That's when my "someday" projects started.


It worked perfectly. It was just in need of a shade. 
The rest is history!



Love my little French lamp!
What "someday" project have you done today?

Thank you to The Design File for featuring my Audrey Hepburn Dresser!

7 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

THAT is adorable!!! They look like they were made for each other! (Well, I guess they were!!) Tres chic!! Have a wonderful week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I love your lamp too! So much so, I'm sharing on my FB page! It's adorable!

Karen said...

OOO La La so French and chic..LOVE IT! and your Audrey dresser is fabulous too.

Tammy @ Type A said...

love it, the fringe is perfect

Unknown said...

Leave for Paris in a week and a half.....getting me in the mood!! lol Neat redo!

Little City Farm said...

What a perfect combination. I really wish I had an eye like that. Love this!

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Super chic!