recent posts...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Helping with a Remodel

On Thursday I took a trip. The road trip was an hour and 45 minutes to a place called Lawrenceburg, TN. I was invited to attend a redo with area bloggers.

Gina from The Shabby Creek Cottage was redoing her girls bedrooms. You might have seen or heard about Gina around the blogs and all her remodeling she has done. She actually had a contest where she flew the winner in to stay at her guest cottage and help with the project.

I got there on day one.

Why would you do this?
To get yourself out there and meet new people! I had a blast and met new bloggers.

I helped paint some curtain panels.






She set up a temporary line in her living room for it to dry. Love that idea!


I helped paint and put together two end tables from IKEA 


I also helped paint the window trim in the bedroom
The best part of the day was the mingling with new friends



Cha Cha from The Heartfelt Home




the winner flown in ....Lesley on left from goodbye house, Hello Home!


Gina of course



We ate together and had great conversation.

What a great community it is that people come together to help other people!

Other bloggers that helped


I wish I could have stayed all weekend! I am sure they are done and will post pictures today. I can't wait to see the finished result!

Get yourself out there and meet the people you talk to day to day in virtual space! It is really cool to meet them in person. Who knows? They might come and help you remodel a room one day!

6 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow...what a fun thing to do! And plus, you get all that talent helping with a redo!!! Hmmmmm....Wish I could assemble a group to come redo my whole house! I'll have to check out the finished project!! Happy Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Wow! It sounds like everyone had a blast and I totally could see why you would want to get in on the action. Very cool idea Gina's part!!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry I missed you Deneen. We had a great time and the rooms turned out AMAZING!!! The girls were thrilled, to say the least. It literally took Hannah's breath away, and Lauren couldn't stop touching her new things. You'll be shocked at the finished rooms.

Wish I could've gotten there in time to see you.

Unknown said...

That is too cool that you were a part of that event. I have followed Gina's blog for a while now. How cool! She showed a few of the 'eats' that she served you guys over the weekend. They looked delish!

Charity said...

It was so nice to meet you. Wish you could have stayed with us the whole time, your skills are amazing.

Cha Cha

Unknown said...

I am so glad you got to come over and join in! I wish you could have been there every day :) Thanks for all your help!

See ya soon,
Hugs,
G