recent posts...

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Memo Board


Some re-dos are such a transformation! This is one of them!

I found this blackboard at Goodwill. I thought it would be a good project to work on for my craft room but it was a mess.


It was framed with cork and had a metal chalkboard insert. I was going to spray it with chalkboard paint and call it a day but........

I started tearing into it!

I noticed the metal could be taken out so I ended up with this....


I still wanted to have a chalkboard but now I wanted to get creative with it.

I measured the metal and cut it in half with a paper cutter.



I used Krylon to paint the cork in an aqua color.


I bought a piece of square trim cut it down, painted and glued it to the middle covering the seam. I sprayed chalkboard paint to the non-metal side.
Then I found some pretty scrapbook paper and Mod-Podged it to the metal. I loved that it was magnetic so I could use my bird stamp magnets. 




 
  I still felt like there was something missing....


I love the way it looks like an old window. Then I thought I would add some old knobs. I painted them a mustard yellow and attached to the bottom of the cork.


 Now it was ready to hang!

I love the organization! It is multi-functional!



Before


After



I have a magnetic board, chalkboard, cork board and knobs to hang things on! I love the bright colors too!

Cost breakdown
GW Blackboard 5.99
Trim .68
Everything else I had and recycled!

UPDATE: Vintage Magnetic Eraser

Compared to whats out there this was not a bad price. Gotta Love being thrifty!


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

now thats cool. Very smart!I love those magnets too!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

It turned out great--love the colors so much! Thanks for sharing.

Little City Farm said...

I love how you always know when a project needs just a little bit more and then of course what you add is bang on. Love the yellow knobs.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great piece Deneen!! Love how your creative mind works! Have a great Thursday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Fantastic, you're so clever. Great transformation x

jess@balancing the dream said...

Love the color and pattern!! Great job!

Unknown said...

I love how you let project develop as you create. It's a great idea to let that happen. Neat project.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Awesome project at a great price!
Love the color!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Kelli W said...

What a great makeover! I love all the fun colors and the knobs!

Lisa said...

Pretty! I love all the fun colors and the background pattern you chose!

Amanda Dickson said...

Very Cute!

Simply Smith said...

I love how this turned out! Great find, and transformation! Those colors are gorgeous!

Kelly

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love your memo board.

Dee

Unknown said...

What a great job you did! It's beautiful!

Sandy xox

sara d. said...

CUH-UTE!!!

Carol said...

Awsome find and transformation! I love the aqua color.

Anonymous said...

I love the combo of colors you used! That is so cheery and funky at the same time. I never would have thought of spray painting the cork border and it looks FANTASTIC.