recent posts...

Friday, July 15, 2011

Picture turned Beach Tray


Did you notice something different? 
Look at this blog!


Finally! Yes I finally changed the blog up a bit. What do you think? 
I would really love to hear your opinions. It is a work in progress. I guess as time goes on I will have more changes but for now I think it is much brighter! Thanks honey!


What a perfect time for a change as I celebrate 400 of the best followers a girl can have! I am always blown away by your comments! I especially have been blown away by the comments left on my Audrey Hepburn Dresser! Thanks to you all! Some I couldn't respond to because you are set up as no-reply but please know how much your comments mean to me. They really made my day!

 I purchased this beach picture because I really loved the frame. When I brought it home and laid it on the table I got the idea to make it into a tray instead of hanging it on the wall.



So I got out the paint to paint the dark wood brighter with more of a wash effect over it.


I added blue first, then gesso.
It needed handles but I did not want to go with regular hardware. I purchased some leather straping.



Measured and cut it to fit. I used tacks to nail it in to give it that casual beach look.


Added some objects to the tray




Love changing it up!




Makes the perfect tray!

Oh and I can't leave with out posting these pictures of my "KIDS"!
Did anybody say Harry Potter Premier? These are hysterical!


Always so goofy!

Thanks to Coffee & Their Kisses for featuring my Audrey Hepburn Dresser!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My 13 year old daughter was so mad that I didn't let her go to the 'real' premiere last night!!! She recovered from her disappointment and got about 8 friends to go tonight together and pretend it is the premiere!!! lol I just couldn't do the 12 to 3 am thing. lol Love the tray!!!

The Old Parsonage said...

Love Goofy kids - I have 2 of my own:)

Great makeover too!
Leann

Anonymous said...

yahooo for all the lucky followers,, I'm one of them and enjoy coming here so much,, this post is why,, interesting and bits of you shared so lovely put to gether.Happy kids that Harry Potters new movie is out right?I'm a big Harry Potter fan myself,,Your tray is lovely,,

TheCrankyCrow said...

LOVE the tray Deneen!! That is so beachy cool! Congrats on the 400+ followers - wow....that's a lot of faithfuls! Funny kids...wished I would've gotten into the Harry Potter craze, but always wanted to read the books first, and never got around to it! Blog looks great - very fresh and light!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Susan in SC said...

Love the tray and the Harry Potter craze!

Decor To Adore said...

You clever girl!

I took my little boy to see Cars 2 on Thursday afternoon and there were already 3 seperate long times to the H.P. movie. Some were dressed in costume. Love it!