recent posts...

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Painted Grey Hutch

While searching for furniture at sales around town, I came across this hutch. I thought it would be great to display all the goodies I have in the store. I will also put a price on it, so if it sells, it sells. I knew this would be a great project to use chalk paint on.

If you haven't used chalk paint yet, the paint seems to put a hard shell on things that you paint with it. I think that is why it can be put on just about everything.

This is just a plain hutch but after it is painted it looks so rich.

The before picture is of the two pieces that are separated.

It is white with a butcher block top. The drawer needed to be fixed but I liked the lines of the piece.


The top was the same with a paneled back

After painting, distressing and waxing it totally transformed the hutch.
With a little staging added for a visual.....

I really love that the shelves have a double plate slot

The drawer is in working order and I think it will look great in the store.

Don't be afraid of paint! It really does make a difference! 

Oh and I finally went out to eat with my hubby to celebrate our anniversary!




26 years I am either in love or crazy! (a little of both I'm afraid)


Redoux
Transformation Thursday

10 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm at 21 years. The key for us is that we are best friends and both a little crazy!;) The hutch looks great!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That's a great hutch - the painting and distressing just brought it to life. Doubt it will stick around long! Great photo of you and your hubby - too sweet!! Glad you finally got to celebrate - 26 is a LOT to celebrate!!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love that gray! and happy anniversary!!! mine is tuesday but we are only at 8 years. i hope we make it to 26... ;)

Rhissanna said...

Congratulations!

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I love the gray hutch. Happy Anniversary also. 26 years!! I found you by way of The Lettered Cottage and was drawn to you because I LIVE IN THE BORO TOO!! :)

Libby & Greg said...

Your project turned out so great!! I LOVE IT!!! I like to re-do furniture for our house when my lil one is napping!! I am learning as I go and would LOVE to know what waxing is?? my email is Libby.mondello@gmail.com!!

Great piece! Hope you had a great time for your anniversary!

Talk to you soon!

Libby from mondellofam.blogspot.com

Eileen @ Cottage Beach House said...

Great transformation on that hutch. I love the grey.
Happy Anniversary from another Jersey Girl!... used to be Philly girl.

Wanda said...

It turned out beautiful. Grey is the new white. ;0)

Good Time Charlie said...

Turned out gorgeous, love, love, love the color. Thanks for linking up!

Pamela said...

Totally transformed that piece and it looks amazing!