recent posts...

Monday, October 17, 2011

Golden Ticket




Friday night I had the pleasure of watching my niece perform in a play. Since my daughter is off to college studying theatre, I don't get to see many local performances anymore.

For years I was a Forensics coach and Theatre director for school and was lucky enough to work with some talented kids. One of them being my niece. I casted her in several shows as the lead not because she was my niece, but because she has talent and stage presence. If you know me, I am a pretty tough critic and I look for talent. Hannah has it all.

She did a few High School plays but now in her senior year she ventured out to community theatre. So on Friday I got to see her be an Ooompa Loompa in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory!


It was a very entertaining play! Loved some of the effects they did like choreographing the Oompa Loompas turning the big piece of bubble gum in to a normal size piece. They were made to look like an assembly line of machines starting with a large ball and ending with a teeny tiny ball to look like gum for our favorite Violet character.

Another effect was in the "bubble" room instead of Charlie and his grandfather floating up in the air, they had a covered later they climbed sideways they actually made them look like they were lifting in the air.

Circle Players of Nashville did a great job with this show and the costumes where great too!

That got me to thinking......great Halloween ideas!  I was Willy Wonka for a tournament one year but that's another story.

I wanted to do something special for Hannah so instead of buying roses I made her a Golden Ticktet!

 I love it so much that I have decided to put it in my Etsy shop with her as the model! Thanks Hannah for making me proud! So in your senior year remember what the ticket says......

"In your wildest dreams you cannot imagine all the surprises that awaits you!"

Break-a-Leg!

Love you!

8 comments:

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! There was an production of the Adam's Family in Charlotte, but we couldn't not make it :(

I love the photo for your Ticket sign!!! Awesome.

Unknown said...

Another thing in common. I was in theatre in college and some community after. Both my kids are theatrical. lol No surprises here.

Maija said...

Hi Deneen!! I saw the custom WISH ticket you made for my girlfriend Sandy, and I am wondering if I can pay you to make a HOPE one for me?!

Calypso In The Country said...

Love the golden ticket! Sounds like a lot of fun!
-Shelley

ShonEjai said...

The ticket is awesome! Well done!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Sounds like a great play you attended!
What a wonderful idea to give her a golden ticket! Love the inspirational saying you wrote too!
Prim Blessings
Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your "Admit One" ticket has always been a favorite of mine - love the fact that you now have a wonderful model for it - and it became such a befitting gift for your beautiful and talented niece.....Creativity runs deep in that gene pool, hey? ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

I love the ticket and the quote! :)