recent posts...

Monday, October 3, 2011

Pier 1 Witchy Legs

By now you know I shop in Pier 1. I love the seasonal things they sell. I have been inspired by them from time to time, to recreate some of the things I have seen. Like the Chicken coop at Easter and the Pumpkin I just made last week. I do spend my money there also! I saw these witchy legs and knew I had to make a project out of them. They are made to put on the legs of tables and chairs. I wanted to do something different and since I am getting ready for Halloween in my home I thought this was a cute idea.


I bought two of these and stuffed them with newspaper to give it the volume it needed to stand up.
I found an old champagne bucket and filled it with newspaper and turned the legs upside down and place inside.
I added some fall seed pods to the top to hide the paper. That's it! That simple!


My favorite part are the vintage characters with that GRIN!

It is like they were being mischievous!

I think this would look good in and urn on a porch too! You could make your own out of orange and black tights and witchy shoes! Anyway you do it I think it adds a little humor to your decor!

And .....this is my new space!


I have several things you have seen before still there and I few different. One is that adorable owl!!!
More on that later!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

These are all kinds of wonderful. How fun!

Unknown said...

I LOVE what you did with the witch legs!!! HYSTERICAL!!! Your space is amazing. What an upgrade. You have been one busy busy person for sure.

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Cute!! I've been wanting to add some of these to my decor, too!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Congratulations on the new digs Deneen...Do I spy a black kitty up there on top??? Love me my black kitties.... ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin