recent posts...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

French Painted Tea Cart

I have had this tea cart sitting around for a while. There are always those projects that get "filtered" back in my rooms. When I get a lot of furniture and I don't know what I am going to do with it yet, it becomes part of the decor.



This little piece was charming and I felt it needed a little something extra. So I pulled it out from being a makeshift side table and began painting.


I found a graphic from the one and only Graphic Fairy and added it to the drop leaf. I used a projector for this one.
I love the way it turned out. . I did add a little distressing to it.  Distressing helps hide the imperfections in the lettering.

I will be away for a few days as my daughter and I will being taking a trip to New York City to see a show! This is her favorite place to be since she is a theatre major. As you can see we have been there before.....we never get tired of the hustle and bustle!



We are very excited and I promise to take pictures so I can share with you all!

Hope your year has started off right for you! See you soon!!!
homework
Positively SplendidThe Graphics Fairy

16 comments:

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Love this! I have a tea cart collecting dust in my garage and you have totally inspired me. Hope ya don't mind me stealing your awesome idea. Will definitely link back when I finally dig it out and actually do it!

Cassie Bustamante said...

another beautiful piece! i love that you painted the design on the drop leaf so it can be seen better!

Elle and Lou said...

Wow! Great transformation!
Lou

Special 'K' said...

Wow! Its a amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope twenty twelve is everything you wish for and more. I am so glad I found you. I will follow on my way out so I can revisit. I hope you can find the time to come visit me and do the same. I look forward to engaging throughout the year. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

So pretty! My mother used to have a tea cart like this, but it's gone now and she can't remember what she did with it! I wish *I* had it!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That turned out great, Deneen! Fantastic difference and I can see that going quickly!

Janette - The2Seasons said...

This little cart is wonderful. I love anything French.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! I love the transformation!

Blessings,

Jennifer

missmacymay said...

Gorgeous piece. How did you do the transfer?

berkshirejean said...

How did you apply the design to a painted surface? I just love it!

Okio B Designs said...

What an amazing makeover! Did you use transfer paper???? Coming over from Brag Monday and a happy new follower!

Jeanine

Anonymous said...

Your little cart turned out fabulous. I think I'm going to redo a french inspired table soon.
patti

Brenda Spiller said...

That is fabulous. I can see you've put in a lot of work but what an awesome result. I love it!

Charlotte Wilson said...

I love what you did to the teacart. But how did you do it? Would love to know.

♥charlotte

{oc cottage} said...

LOVE it!!!

m ^..^

Anonymous said...

Super cute!! You did a fantastic job! Glad to have found your blog~!