recent posts...

Thursday, May 10, 2012

NO Sew Drapery Cornices

Do you ever notice that when spring and summer comes around, we are all ready to refresh our homes?

Even colors need to be changed to change the mood we are feeling.

 I decided that I wanted to change the colors of my bedroom to a more spring/summer look. Although I show a lot of vintage inspired furniture around here, my bedroom is a more European/contemporary feel. I like mixing things and I appreciate all styles.

 My bedroom walls are beige and there is a lot of black in the furniture and fabrics I chose. The winter color I use is red. Now I want a blue! So I will be adding blue accents but keeping my drapes neutral.

For now! This is a quick easy solution! No sew!! My type of project. This is how they turned out!
Continue to see how it is done!







 I started with the curtains. I had a maroon valance with gold rope fringe hanging. The are very fancy, heavy and dramatic. They look great around the holidays but I wanted a clean line. Instead of a color I kept the neutral pallet of black and beige. I just went with pattern and texture. I will accent later with blue in my bedspread and accessories. I like having a neutral pallet because I can change colors anytime I want without a high cost.

This is what I had before


It is hard to get good pictures shooting into a window but hopefully you will see the change.

I will use probably use this again somehow so I removed them and stored them. I kept the bottom panels because I love the texture.

I bought one panel from Target. I cut it in half after measuring how many inches I wanted my drop to be.

 I went to Home Depot and had my boards cut to the same length as the other ones I took done

They were 1x6 boards. I used store bought panels because the edges were already sewn. This let me staple the pieces to the board. Remember I didn't want anything fancy just a straight edge. I could always add trim if I wanted later.

I used my powershot stapler. If you don't have one get one. They are so much easier to use!

After I stapled fabric on the top of the board I did my corner so the material would wrap around the board.

 Remember to keep hemmed part hanging

I attached the board on the L shape brackets that were already there and for a few dollars and little time I was done!





Now I will have more money for the rest of the room! Time to add my color!!!

I won a giveaway from Sandy at Sandy's Creations!! Yay! I was so excited. She has such a fun blog. You should check it out! Thanks Sandy!!

Annndd I still have my own giveaway going on right now so take a chance and enter!




If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

The lighter look is great for this time of year. Pretty fabric.

Colleen said...

Beautiful! I loved what you had and this is even better!

busana muslim trendy said...

Great post,I really like your article

Unknown said...

I love this idea but wondered how you attached your l bracket to the wall or to the plank. Could you elaborate. Love the idea thank you..

rntolaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rntolaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.