recent posts...

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Baking Utensil Organizer



 I don't have a lot of cabinets and drawers in my kitchen. This means I have got to be organized and make sure I keep only the things I need and use.

 I don't like plastic organizers for my utensils. Last year I came up with an idea using paint sticks for my silverware. Since then that post "Utensil Organizer" continues to be the most viewed post I have ever done. Funny really. It was free and easy! ...and I used PAINTSTICKS!!!

Since that post I have learned some things. So I decided to create a new improved one for my Baking Utensils. I love the way everything has a place. I don't mind if anyone sees my drawers now. Hee Hee!



I started out with my free paintsticks that I collect from hardware stores. I like the big ones.


I painted them to add some color to the inside. I can always change this if I like a different color. The glory of paint!



Then I gathered all the baking utensils that I use most often. I placed them where I wanted them to go inside the drawer. Then I measured for placement of the paint sticks.


I wanted all my measuring cups and spoons in one area. So I used the biggest cup and lined it up where I wanted to put the stick.


I measured and and mark where to cut with my hand saw.


I only needed to make a few cuts then I glued them with monkey glue. NOTE: I used hot glue with my utensil organizer but after time I would have to re-glue so I went to the monkey glue. I also decided to glue the whole structure into the drawer for more stability.


Looking in through the back of drawer. All pieces connected.


I added a tea cup for the tiny pieces to stay in place like my cake decorating tips.


Then I added the rest of the baking utensils to the drawer.

This is definitely the new and improved organizer! I love the color and how it all fits perfectly!

I have the prettiest drawers in town! Pun intended! :)

What do you think?


Fox Hollow Cottage

7 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

So clever! Thank you for linking up to The Talent Scouting Party at WhisperWood Cottage! Love this idea!!

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

Yes , you sure do have the prettiest drawers! lol
Very clever. Is monkey glue gorilla glue?

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Yes I need to correct that. I started calling it that and it stuck. Sorry to confuse you! Thanks for stopping by!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Deneen,

You always have the cutest projects! I am crossing my fingers for you for the contest!

Have a great day rock star!
karianne

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

My drawers could seriously use this treatment! I like that you even have a spot for your rolling pin.

{northern cottage} said...

love the green color and you've made it so frugally fabulous by using the stir sticks - well done!

Unknown said...

Great job and so well thought out. Can you share the interior height and interior width of your bakers utensil drawer and your other flatware drawer?
Thank you.