recent posts...

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Burlap Stamped Pumpkins {tutorial}


It has been awhile since I have posted a craft and what better time to do it than getting ready for fall!
This is easy and affordable. 



You will need:
a dollar store pumpkin
stamps and ink pad
twine
burlap strips/scraps
glue or pins 


Start with your pumpkin


I love these. They are so much fun to work with. I used them a lot last year. 

Gather burlap scraps or cut your own in strips. Start stamping randomly. I used postmarks.


Then start wrapping the pumpkin. You want to end up having both ends of burlap at stem. You can pin or glue to keep stable.


Gather all the strips at stem and start wrapping in twine. Leave some out to tie a knot in. These will be your vines.



See what I mean....EEEasy!! It cost me $1 for the pumpkin. The rest was scrap or what I had on hand.

Would you make one of these?

Have you been working on your fall designs yet?


5 comments:

Heart Vintage Design said...

Being somewhat of a burlap queen, I love this idea!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Cah-UTE!!!! Love these, Deneen! Definitely putting one of these on my fall to do list. :)

Voted! And spreading the word!

Heart Vintage Design said...

I want to make it too!

Dixie n Dottie said...

Super cute! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_09_03_archive.html

Daune | Cottage in the Oaks said...

I just love this, Deneen! So fun! I've just started getting ready for fall....it's my favorite. :)