recent posts...

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Back From Bella {Barn Sale Wrap-Up} Part 1





Another event that truly whipped my butt! It was a lot of hard work but extremely rewarding at the same time.

I arrived on Tuesday at The Milky Way Farm with 20 something pallets to install with my friend Dan. That is when I got to meet a wonderful lady and friend to the blog world Donna from Funky Junk Interiors. 





I looked at and lived with a room full of stuff for weeks. This is my dining room that I cleared out to fit all my stuff!!

On Wednesday we arrived with a loaded down trailer full of furniture and smalls. Dan helped measure out the spaces with the coordinator Linda.


This was the booth before. As we started setting up the pallets to create the space. Anyone that does this, pallets are a real inexpensive way to build a structure.


This is the after UGH! Now we had to start displaying and organizing. We arrived on Thursday morning to start our creation of our space!



 Building was tricky since there was nothing to bolt on to. I had two 14ft old ladders that we leaned up to the rafters to make an A frame out of. We put a 4x8 across it to hang lights. I added my arbor from my backyard to create an entrance for interest. I also had a place to hang my sign. I attached an old crib rail an hung the sign from that. Then I created some of my brown paper flowers to hang around it. This was a huge success since it could be seen as you entered the barn.



 I shared this space with my long time friend Vonda. She has always been very creative and I knew we would fit well together. She has started a blog too! Please go send her some love and a nice welcome at The Brassy Begonia




This was the set up of the ladder. Don't you just love that light!!! It was hard to get good pictures with the light coming in from those windows.

Friday was opening day! It started with the early birds.....and it wasn't us! We showed up a little late and I was rushing to get caught up all day!!! It didn't deter us though! We still had tons of customers and sales!!



Friday night some area bloggers and others like Rhoda from Southern Hospitality and Sandra from Sawdust and Paper Scraps joined us at dinner. We enjoyed talking and laughing about our blogs and all the opportunities that come in to play. I even shared a dessert with the group!! Donna enjoyed it the most!


She is a hoot!!

It was so much fun to spend time with these fabulous people! Don't want to bore you with too many pics so I will end it here.  Or you can click here to see part two!

I am still cleaning all the dust and dirt off everything from the barn!! 1st time = learning experience!!

What have you learned from participating in this kind of event?
Would you do it again?

I would love to hear!!

5 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wow!!! Look at all those people!
Looks and sounds like you had a great time!!!
Your display looks wonderful ~ really like the touch of the paper flowers! Hope you sold lots!
Soooo would you do it again???
Prim Blessings
Robin

Unknown said...

Looks like it was all a success. Congrats!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Its amazing how you transformed that space into your booth! It looked fantastic. I'm off to visit Vonda! :)

Stacey said...

Your booth was awesome! I so wanted to stop and introduce myself but you were slammed at the time! I had my newborn strapped to me and my very pregnant sis-in-law and went through fairly quickly- we were so hot!! It was amazing! Wish I'd had more time and it was cooler!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

looks like a busy and amazing time!