recent posts...

Friday, January 25, 2013

Football Fans Fun {Now Lets Eat}



Are you ready for some football? Super Bowl is approaching and that's is when we get together to have fun and root on our team!! Only problem is my teams are not in it this year. See I secretly root for two teams shhhhhh!

So I will do what every American football fan does on Super Bowl Sunday,,,,,watch the commercials!
I will also cook some really good stuff and eat to my hearts content. I give myself permission on holidays. Yes I consider this one because we all get together and celebrate.

One of the things on the menu this year is Sausage Roll Ups. An easy and scrumptious recipe. Only 3 ingredients needed. This is a great appetizer to try.




Ingredients
1lb Sausage
1c shredded cheddar cheese
1 can of Pillsbury Cresent Rolls

Brown ground sausage til golden and crumbly. Unroll cresents into 4 rectangles pinch together the two triangle sections to form 4 rectangles. Pat dough a little thinner, Sprinkle cheese in each section, add sausage crumbles. Roll rectangles starting with short side and place on a cookie sheet. You should have four loaves. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool, Slice into pinwheel slices or leave in loaf.
Serve with Dijon mustard.

Everyone will love these and if you are throwing a party there is no stress here!



It is a great combination of sweet and savory! So who are you hoping wins? The Ravens or the 49ers? 

I put my money on the Budweiser horses! Now you can share in the fun and join the other blogs for some great recipes.


Don't forget to enter my blogiversary giveaway!


Twice Baked Potatoes from The Country Chic Cottage
Assorted Appetizers from Mural Maker
Sausage and Cream Cheese Pockets from Mom 4 Real
Bacon and Cheese Fries from A Step in the Journey
Charleston Cheese Dip from Unskinny Boppy
Jalapeno Chicken Spirals from Setting for Four
Greek Veggie Pizza from Mrs. Greene
Creamy Pizza Dip from Just Shaken Together
Grilled Jalapeno Poppers from Mad in Crafts
Meatloaf Bites from The Shabby Creek Cottage
Ham and Cheese Roll Ups from Mom Endeavors

5 comments:

Beth said...

Yum, Deneen! I've made something similar with cream cheese before but cheddar sounds even better! :) Happy to be joining up with you and all these ladies for the recipe swap.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I wish I was a football fan...just to eat these :)

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Deneen,
We'll definitely be watching the game. My cousin is the punter for the 49ers! His name is Andy Lee. I'll definitely make these. Nothing better than simple AND good!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo...these look yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooo...these look yummy! :)