recent posts...

Monday, March 4, 2013

Pier 1 Burlap Bunnies {knock off}

Easter is early this year! Hopefully spring will be too!

I am starting to see all the adorable creations on the blogs and in the stores for Easter.

While I was shopping at Pier 1, I saw some burlap bunnies used for napkin holders. I looked to easy to make so I thought it would be a great knock off.

It has been awhile since I knocked off something.


They are just the right touch for a tablescape. Burlap bunnies....how can you go wrong?!!

There is a little sweetness to having a little bunny on your table for springtime feasts.


The frayed ends of the burlap look like hair. There is just enough stiffness to hold the ears up straight.

I can see those little ears listening in on all the table talk and keeping secrets.

They add a smile to my face.

I would have added a carrot for color on the plate but had none in the fridge.

I could have done one of my Pinecone carrots but settled for the celery.

 Love the green touch to the plate.


The napkin makes it look like it has a tail. Any napkin would work too!

So what do you think of my knock off? This is the Pier 1 bunny.



This one is mine....



So I ask you....Is this something you want to know how to make?

For a complete tutorial CLICK HERE!

Whose hopping over to see?



Spring Thing Linky Party Button

Savvy Southern Style Blog





14 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Deneen, your bunny rings are the cutest evah!!! Love them. You are such a clever girl.

hugs
Sissie

srpprcrftr said...

Yours look as good if not better (and whole lot less expensive) than the Pier one rings. You sure nailed the knock off. If we had company for holidays and used napkins I'd make them but it's fun to see how you made them so wonderfully. Great job girl.
Happy March days

Anonymous said...

Love them! You did a great job! Of course I want a tut!!! You made them look so NOT 'homemade'.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are adorable! You did a great job on them...just as pretty as the ones at the store!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Deneen those are just adorable! I hadn't even seen them in the catalog....good eyes and great copycat!

Tamsyn said...

Oh these are just too cute :) Pinning them and looking forward to the tutorial.

Unknown said...

These are great!! I was admiring the ones at Pier 1, too. Sooo cute!
Found you at Savvy Southern Style link-up! :)

Anonymous said...

hi Deneen,
I had the same idea! When I saw those in the catalog I thought, well those would be easy to make! They weren't as easy as they looked, for me anyway! You did a fabulous job! Mine came out sorta wonky, but cute. I added paint and yarn whiskers. They will post on my blog tomorrow,3/7, so stop by a take a look! Happy Easter!
Jenna

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Precious! I love burlap and twine projects.

Stampin' VMG206 said...

I think yours came out better! Such a fun idea ~ just love it.
I found you today thru the Linky Party at French Country Cottage, where I'm #331. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
www.vmg206.blogspot.com

Cocalores said...

So cute! It's perfect for Easter without being too much =)

By the way, I am your newest follower. Loved your chandelier cake platter, too.

Anja @ cocalores.blogspot.com

One More Time Events said...

Very Cute nothing better than bunnies and burlap! Would love it if you came by and shared http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/03/share-it-one-more-time-and-linky-party_17.html

Shabby soul said...

So very sweet!!
Love it, so simple and cute!
Hugs
Silvia

John Hardy said...

This one is very easy and useful you make this napkin at home. I hope you will share more good updates. Now it's time to avail shutters Birmingham for more information.