recent posts...

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

How To Make Bunny Napkin Rings {tutorial}

This is a complete tutorial about how to make my burlap bunnies napkin rings.

 It is another Pier 1 knock-off that came out adorable and easy. I have knocked off Pier 1 before with my  Pier 1 Pumpkins. This project was just as fun.  I am so glad to be sharing it with you!



This project didn't cost me a dime since I used scraps that I had.

I started with a cardboard roll from wrapping paper. You can use a toilet paper roll but this was sturdier.


I measured 2" on the tube for each napkin ring and cut it


Don't worry about perfect edges because this will be covered

Cut strips of burlap around 21/2" wide and measure around the tube you are using


glue down seam....I used hot glue

Take scissors and cut slits around burlap and stop at cardboard tube


This will allow you to wrap burlap to inside and glue

It should look like this


Cut 2 ear shapes out of burlap to desired height 



Mine was 21/2" long ..You can always adjust it if it is too long

Now pinch the bottom of burlap and glue to the front side of burlap covered tube



The burlap is stiff enough to stand the ears straight up. You can adjust when dry.
Cut frayed ends of fabric and glue the rest down with the ears

Note: Make sure both ears are glued center and the roll sits with out rolling over. You want it balanced.


Now make the rest of them to complete your tablescape

Told you it was easy!

SNAP!

14 comments:

Paulette said...

What a fun project, thanks for sharing it.

Miss Kitty said...

Hi Deneen! I did the same thing that you did...buy the little bunny napkin ring at Pier One with thoughts of copying it. ummm...mine is still riding around in the car...you actually did it! Yours is so very cute and now I don't even have to figure out how to copy it thanks to your tutorial. I saw your post over at "Savvy Southern Style".

karen@somewhatquirky said...

These are so dang cute! Makes me wish I had someone to make Easter napkin rings for...

miss flibbertigibbet said...

So cute...even kids could make these! What a fun project!

Unknown said...

I love these bunny ears! Thanks for sharing such a great idea. So easy, too! :-)

Our Hopeful Home said...

Just perfect for an Easter table ~ cute but not cute-sy! I love simple and I love burlap so this is right up my alley!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love your cute bunny ears napkin rings you made! I co-host a blog party on Monday's called Cooking and Crafting with J & J at Julie's Lifestyle. I would love to have you come and share this with us.
Thanks.
Julie

Unknown said...

This is such an adorabale idea. I love the cute bunnies.

julie Wunder said...

How cute! I bought some of these from Micheal's last year. It would have been so easy to make them!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

They look so cute on the table

Jamie said...

Those are adorable!! What a great idea for table decor! Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty

Theresa said...

So adorable! Shared. Thanks for joining the Inspiration Spotlight party.

Rite Way Towing & Recovery Inc said...

Riteway understands that when you are stuck on the road you need flat bed tow truck service