recent posts...

Monday, April 8, 2013

Blueberry Crumb Pie {The Recipe}

Wow! What a weekend! So much going on and trying to get ready for SNAP!

Last Wednesday I shared a Mother's Day Story with all of you that explains this recipe. It was a big hit. I had people from everywhere commenting, emailing and calling me about it.

Even Facebook friends where excited about it. They had fun laughing at me and my 1980's photo!


Everyone said it was a throwback.

But the one thing in common with all of the above was.....

What is the recipe?

So without further ado .......


Blueberry Crumb Pie


1 ½ cups flour
½ cup sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 egg
1 can blueberry pie filling(or any other fruit, apples, cherries, etc.)
Cinnamon, powdered sugar

*This can be altered with fresh blueberries but I wanted to give you the original recipe

Mix together by hand…. the flour, sugar, baking powder, butter and egg. Pat half the mixture in a pie plate, then pour in the blueberries. Make crumbs with your hands with remaining mixture and place on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top after cooled.

Serves 8

ENJOY!

6 comments:

J said...

Hey Jersey Girl! I'm also from New Jersey :) Nice pie! I have to make it one day because my name is actually blueberry :)

reFresh reStyle said...

This looks so good! Thanks for the recipe ;)

srpprcrftr said...

Now I'm not a pie maker but it looks so good I might just have to try it with some of those ready made crusts.
Wish I was a good baker like my aunts and Mom but I'm not so I'll have to wing it, but at least you've inspired me so much I want to try. Your pie looks so good I can hardly wait to try it and I know my hubs will love a home-made (sorta) pie and it'll make him happy. He can eat whatever he wants and just has a bit of a tummy. Not fair. Sure glad you shared this scrumptious looking recipe. Happy Week

Niki said...

Wow...this looks amazing!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

This pie looks awesome, I adore pies!! Thanks for the recipe too. Thank you for the nice comment and for following me..I am also your newest follower! Hugs,
FABBY

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh yes please!!!