recent posts...

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Blue Vanity {Hand Painted}







Funny when a busy weekend ends, I look forward to the week days. The house is quite and I have time to get projects done. The joy of working from home.

I usually paint something because it is relaxing. I haven't even had time for that lately. So today I opened the blinds and let the sunshine in. Then....grabbed a paintbrush and some Annie Sloan decorative Chalk Paint.

The color Provence. Pure white for the details.

I have painted vanity's before this blue and yellow one was a favorite.

Most of my painted furniture goes up for sale. Some stay a little longer because I become attached. I never realized I have always wanted a vanity. Till now. After I purchase a new bedroom set, I began to paint the vanity and fell in love.

I hand painted it to give it my little touch. Something that fits me for my bedroom. I even put my monogram on it.

Please Continue to read...


A monogram makes it personal. So are the rest of the details. Love details. I have done this before on a hand painted one here.

I added some bling with the crystal knobs. It added light to the room and shined in the corner. Perfect addition to the room.


I came up with a crazy pattern. The flourishes emulate the pattern on the rest of my furniture. It is not perfect. Crazy and not perfect....hmmmmmm sounds like me.


The mirror has a little of the painted detailing on the arch like the crowning of the piece.


I love that the color matched my baby picture. Yes that is me!

Definitely better than the before to me!



And if I decide I want something different......I just paint over it!
And if I decide to sell it.....I just paint over the monogram!
This is why I love paint. Never a mistake, always a good change!
Furniture=Good Investment!

Now I am trying to decide about distressing and using clear or dark wax.

What do you think?

Help a girl out!

UPDATE: I distressed and used clear wax. I think it works!


It is more subdued.



Thanks for reading!

Let's Connect!

10 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

so pretty! you did a beautiful job!
if it were me, i would lightly distress and clear wax.. i just prefer when hand painted details are lightly distressed as it helps hide any imperfections. :) that's my own opinion though!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Deneen, This looks gorgeous with the details. I would distress, but not sure about dark wax. Clear would be nice to keep the color more true to the blue and the hand painted areas.
Great job.
Hugs!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Deneen
You create the most beautiful things!
I love the flourish design and the color.

Hugs
Sissie

srpprcrftr said...

Love the blue color and the hand painting you've done. With that it makes the vanity even better. You are a very talented lady Deneen. What a complete difference from the original, looks so much better. The vanity is such a nice piece.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks so much! You guys are the best! I really appreciate all your sweet comments!

Little Miss Maggie said...

What a pretty vanity. I always like a bit of distressing. I think it adds character. Love your design and the monogram idea was genius.

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

I'm totally digging the crazy and not perfect theme!!! The vanity looks great ...I am ready to paint our bathroom vanity ...it is so beat up and i figured what the heck , lets paint it before we toss it !!!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

So pretty and I am impressed girl! Here I am trying to get my nerve up to just paint furniture and you are handpainting details! Love it!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Very pretty- I'm so impressed that you handpainted the details. I'm in the middle of so many projects! This inspires me to get moving.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Tina so glad to inspire! Thanks for stopping in.