recent posts...

Monday, June 3, 2013

Living Room Design (A Redo)




How do you design a living room when someone is getting ready to move?

That is my next space. It is my sister's living room. I told you awhile back that we both got the same tufted sofa.

Well she needed it let me tell ya. She had a black leather couch that Goodwill would have turned away.  (but they didn't go figure)

When she was a single mom she didn't invest her money in decorating or buying new things. It all went for bills and the kids. We know how that is, right?

Well now that she is married, she is looking to revamp this space. BUT...and this is a big but,
She is not staying in this house long.


Although she wants it to look good for resale. She don't want to put too much into it. She already painted so she is keeping this color.

She wants to keep the God awful  blinds on doors. But she is ready to have a little redesign.

That's where I come in!! She hired me to redo the space. I already painted the antique desk for her and she bought the sofa table from me too.

I will be shopping and looking for a few more pieces. I like to shop the house too for things to use. I tried to keep it economical. Go here to see the painting I did!! We are keeping it!


That's how we bloggers roll! UGH THAT COUCH!!! She hated it too! But it is gone! Yippee!



We picked out colors and now I have my work cut out for me. Wish me luck!

I will be sharing with you all the fun things I will add to the space. Hope you follow along.

Thanks for being here!

Let's Connect!

15 comments:

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

I'm really looking forward to watching this room come together.

miss flibbertigibbet said...

This will be good because it looks like a regular old room that LOTS of people have! Work your magic.....bippity boppity boo.....

Little Miss Maggie said...

Good luck. Can't wait to see how you transform this space. The sofa was a great place to start.

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

May the force be with you, but i think your up to it!!

My Annie Sloan paint came in the mail today ..yipee...this will be my first foray...we are painting the vanity in the kid bathroom(meaning me and my daughter, she is an amazing painter and artist)

I went with Paris grey and the clear wax. Wish me luck!!

srpprcrftr said...

You sure are a busy bee. You're sister is smart, hiring somebody she can trust who does a great job. We'll all sure be waiting to see how it comes out. Wish I could hire you also. I try not to but tend to clutter too much and our walls need painting, have had the paint for quite awhile but somebody just doesn't seem to get the hint. Guess after all this time it's me who better get out the paint brushes, lol. Enjoy.

Bliss said...

What a lucky sister. Any chance she'll love it so much and not want to move?

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

srpprcrftr I have lot of irons in the fire that's for sure lol. I say grab a brush and have fun!!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh this will be fun to watch. I have that same couch...ughhh...NEVER let your husband pick out a couch. It's got to go. I'll be following along and maybe I'll even learn a thing or two!

Anonymous said...

It's going to look beautiful I'm sure - have fun!!

Faye said...

I'm sure she is glad she has an artist to help her out. Good luck on the staging and sale.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the redo....I am sure you will transform the space beautifully. Happy PPF

Linda Kunsman said...

I'm sure she really appreciates your help and can't wait to see how you transform this space!

Giggles said...

If she plans on selling keep it neutral...this speaking from a woman who could not live without loads of color! Hence my gypsy pink living room hallway and apple green family room.The majority are not color freaks like me!! I know every colorful room will be whitewashed if I were to ever sell!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Hugs Giggles

angela hodges abode said...

I can't wait to see the end results. I would love for you to link up to my weekly parties. http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/efforts-and-assets-linky-party-6.html

Thanks,
Angela

Unknown said...

Good luck!