recent posts...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Coffee Bag Chair

One of the great things I gotto do this weekend was hang out with Middle Tennessee Bloggers. We had a blast and found some coffee bags. I have been wanting to get some for some projects.

I got an antique chair this past weekend at a sale. I wasn't sure if I should paint it or not. I am still not sure. What do you think?


 It is in great shape. I could have even kept the blue fabric on the chair but after I got the coffee bags I knew I wanted it to go here!






Love the color and the letters on this bag. I can't wait to make some pillows too!

Updated Post:....The Pillows are Here!!!!




I think it goes better with the color and style of the chair. What do you think?
Paint it or leave it?

My first coffee bag chair! Ready for a new project to do with them!

Linking to
Savvy Southern Style
Transformation ThursdayRedouxMiss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog

13 comments:

Caroline (Piorra Maison) said...

I love it. Where did you pick up the coffee bean bags. I was thinking of asking my local Tim Hortons. I think the chair looks fabulous as is. Your right the colors match. btw sorry it took so long to answer you on that dresser color. I used a blend of different colors from home so I am not able to tell you what color I used for the creamy white and the grey was from a delete bin (no color listed) sorry for the long delay. I have been caught up opening my little Etsy store. (a lot of work) Hope you can pop on by and have a look.
Have a good week
Caroline

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I think it looks great as is! Love the coffee bean bag!!!

Caroline (Piorra Maison) said...

Me again. No I did not use glaze. I distressed with a hand held sander and the gray paint and then I sealed it (sprayed) a clear mat protector over the entire surface. Any other questions just ask away!
Caroline

Southern Junk Chic said...

Love it! I can't wait to experiment with my bags! I'm going to try something with an outside candel chandelier...we'll see how it goes! It was nice meeting you!

Unknown said...

I would not paint the chair. The tone is great. But I would try and bring down the shiny finish. I would definately distress the finish to make it less perfect looking and then add a nice coat or two of some wax. If you wind up changing it, show us! Good luck!

Karen said...

That looks great Deneen, love the coffee bag seat. I'm partial to painted furniture so I think a fun color on the chair would make the cushion pop.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love it Deneen! Another clever idea! Generally I vote for painting things - but I'm liking the tones of this chair as is - although I might not be able to resist distressing it a bit to blend with the more rustic nature of the the coffee bag....Smiles ~ Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simply Smith said...

I love it! Where did you get the coffee bags?
Although the chair looks great as is, I would paint it, (but then again, I LOVE color!) I would try to match the red from the writing, and then distress it so that the original color shows through!

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

Looks great!!
SO cute!!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks wonderful! what a difference an awesome seat makes!

Doreen said...

LOVE the chair! What a great idea to use the coffee bags. I am a creative coffee barista -- lots of projects with coffee themes. Hope you can visit me soon! http://altered-artworks.blogpost.com

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

So cool! I've seen coffee bags a couple of times and wasn't sure what I'd do with them and now I know! Thanks for linking up to my "BFF" link party!!