recent posts...

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Think Goodwill! and I've been Featured!


A big thank you to Tatertots and Jello for featuring my Mother's Day Nest!



Everyone needs to start thinking Goodwill when the shop! It is amazing the things you can fin for such little money. It really makes me think twice about buying new in the stores! I  go to different ones because they are all different.

I was in Lowes looking at some lampshades, They ran $20-$35. I was looking for a drum shade for a project. They were out of them. That's were I got lucky.

I had passed a new Goodwill I hadn't been to and decided to stop. This one had tons of lampshades. They were all in really good shape. And then I saw the drum I wanted!

Can you believe? It was $1.99.




I knew you wouldn't so I took a picture.





I decided to buy a stencil to paint on it.





I stenciled in black in a random pattern.


It is ok to have a variation in color. It gives the shade a worn look.




I like the way it turned out and wait till you see where it is going! Stay tuned............


Remember to think Goodwill next time you shop!
Don't forget about the giveaway in case you haven't entered it yet click HERE!

Some exciting things are happening.........stay tuned.......

6 comments:

Susan in SC said...

Very nice! I love the stenciling you did on the shade!

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

oh fun! well done! don't you love finding stuff from the thrift store?

Vicky said...

Great post. I, too, am a lover of Goodwill and Value Village. Not to mention, garage sales are going to start soon!!!!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Your shade has such great shape and I love the stencil you used!

Custom Boxes World USA said...

Our custom candle boxes are created with top-notch packaging materials that will add value to your brand. We provide boxes fast on wholesale with free designing and shipment.

Custom Boxes World USA said...

we provide the finest quality custom boxes that will help you in fundraising, we ensure you timely delivery of your order. So, place your order now!