recent posts...

Friday, April 29, 2011

Mother's Day Nest

My dad came over today to help me hang a shelf over my entry door. I have wanted to put it there ever since I moved here 4 years ago. I will post pictures soon! 



Mother's Day is fast approaching and thoughtful gifts are always the best. We have all seen nest with eggs before. How about one that is special for mom?

The supplies needed are:
a small vessel like a basket
moss
clay
alphabet stamps
black marker
scrapbook paper

Get a basket or other vessel to hold a nest big enough for eggs.

Get some clay to make eggs big enough to put names on them. Sculpt eggs. Grab some letter stamps and press names of mom's children into eggs.






Using a black marker fill in letters.









I have two children named Bobby and Catherine. So I made two eggs.

With a handful of moss fill basket to make a nest. Add eggs. Make a banner with scrapbook paper to say Happy Mother's Day to put on the nest.









I love this!!! So sweet!





This is a special gift any mom would love!
I will be featured on the CSI Project on May 4th with another unique Mother's Day gift! Stay Tuned!


Since I tam typing this post the night before I need to get to bed so I can be awake to watch the Royal Wedding at 3am!


Linking to

Photobucket
Visit thecsiproject.com



""/>



Sunburnt Cow Handmade Shop


Photobucket

504 MainPhotobucket

18 comments:

Allie said...

What a sweet gift! Any Mom would love to receive that beautiful creation. Nicely done.

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Wow, what a cool idea! I love it!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Buttons Thoughts said...

This is such a great idea. Makes a great Mother's day gift coming up. B

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Super cute!

Kimberly said...

It's darling!!!

Susan in SC said...

Love this!!!

Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

I just love your eggs! Cute idea for a Mother's Day nest.

Anonymous said...

Very cute project! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

Very cute project! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Screaming Sardine said...

These are so beautiful. I've been wanting to make these, but I wasn't really sure how to get the darkness in the imprint. Duh, I guess I should've thought of filling in with marker. So glad you explained it. :)

You're more than welcome to link up at the Sunburnt Cow link party.

Cheers,
Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

Lolly Jane said...

Great tutorial! Thanks! We would ♥ for you to show this off at our link party!

Lolly Jane
lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

mercedes scott said...

Thank you for sharing this fabulous idea! I'm going to make one for my mom with each grandchild's name! :)

Teresa said...

What a cute idea!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is such a pretty and thoughtful idea. I love how the eggs become personal and yes any mother would love it. Great idea and super tutorial. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Kara said...

What a fun Mother's Day present! Super cute idea...you did a great job with it!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

What an adorable idea, came out so cute!!
Blessings, Nellie

Sharing with Sherri said...

I LOVE this! Such a cute idea for Mothers day!

Have a wonderful day!
Sherri:)

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Love this! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I have some polymer clay on hand and I will give that a try.