recent posts...

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Green Table

Hello friends! I hope you are enjoying a fabulous weekend. I have to say I think I am still recuperating from last weekend.

I did manage to get a project in. I guess I have an infatuation with small tables. I seem to be attracted to them when hunting furniture. I bought this. A little antique table with great lines. 





 It had great lines and details!



Since I had the green paint out from the dresser redo I decided to paint it green. Sometimes oops paint can be the color you like most. You can't beat the price either!


 After painting I sanded it a lot. I wanted it to look very worn.
I added some antique glazing to it to bring out the details. It gave it a shabby french look.


Decorating it with the right items really makes this look authentic!


The color changes in front of the window! Note to self: don't shoot into a window!






I love the way it turned out! The accessories added some charm to it too!


I also want to thank Lesley from The Homeless Finch for sending me these adorable mushrooms I won! They look cute on my hutch!




Enjoy your holiday tomorrow! Hope you are celebrating your freedom all weekend! Thanks to all the troops from now and then that keep us safe! I am proud to be an American!


God Bless The USA!


If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... linking to


Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog

14 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love your sweet table and the glazing gave it just what it needed!
I have a hard time passing up little tables too and my booth proves it! LOL!

hugs
Sissie

Carol said...

Love it!!! I have a passion for little tables too and my home proves it :)

Life, Crafts and Whatever said...

Ohhh, I love the color! You did an awesome job on that!

http://lifecraftsandwhatever.blogspot.com/

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

The table is adorable. Love the color you chose for it. Great job! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Susan in SC said...

LOVE this little table! I love little tables as well. Lucky table for you to bring it to new life!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sweet table - I think it probably always wanted to be green! Love the lines...and you accessorized it perfectly! Adorable! Happy Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Debbiedoos said...

Digging the color, and you made a cute vignette on top. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

OOOoooh If you could only send that to MY HOUSE!!! it would be loverly in MY livingroom :( can you just see me pouting lol.

Following your blog thankks to to Debbie!

~~Wendy

Unknown said...

How much fun is THAT?!! Oh my....there are those mushrooms! So funny to see them somewhere else!!

This table is wonderful. The glazing really made it. So glad you got the mushrooms and are enjoying them.:)

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

How beautiful. I love the color you chose. Thank you for linking up at http://diyhshp.blogspot.com I can not wait to see more great ideas next Monday.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Love this table; it has great details! And I *love* oops paint...it's the bomb!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Your little table is so sweet!

Gloria Fox said...

Great job on the table. I'm a sucker for tables too. I'm always picking one up.

Shaunna said...

Love little side tables, too. It turned out great!! Thanks so much for linking it up to All Things Furniture!
:-)
shaunna