recent posts...

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Carved Painted Chairs

Sometimes I have the pleasure of meeting such nice people.

I got a email one day from a woman that found my blog. She was interested in a piece of furniture that I had painted. Love when people see my blog and all my painted pieces and want them!!

Unfortunately, I sold the piece she liked. Fortunately she wanted to see my painted french hutch.
Both she and her husband came to see it. I just love them. She reminds me of us bloggers. I can tell she has the "eye". Her husband made me laugh. He is super tall and can see on top of things that the "normal" person can't. Yes he can see the dust on top of your doors!! He noticed a spot I forgot to paint on the hutch! It didn't bother him, they bought it anyway. It bothered me though so when they left I quickly painted it!

When they came to pick it up I was proud to see it on its way.

They liked it so much they wanted me to paint their dining room set.

It was beautifully carved so I knew the paint would be great on them.


Look at these legs!! So pretty.



They were already so nice. Paint releases all the pretty and makes it stand out. I distressed and painted six of them with Paris Grey and Old White. I dry brushed the details to let the wood shine through the paint.


The paint looks like it has been there forever. The waxes gives it dimension.



I wish you can see it in person. They look even better! Never underestimate the power of paint!!

I can't wait for you to see the dining room table. I took a picture of the hutch in her home when I was there too. I will post soon.

I want to say thanks to them. It is such a compliment when a client likes your things and they come back for more!

And thanks to you my readers for coming back for more! I love having you here!!



14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this story. How great that one of your blog readers was close enough to receive some of your lovely work. The chairs look amazing. Blessings, Patti

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

If I was closer to you ..that would spell trouble for my pocket book!

Your work is just beautiful !

Divine Theatre said...

Geez Louise! That's beautiful!

xo,

Andie

Little Miss Maggie said...

Congratulations on your new clients. It's wonderful they wanted you to do more for them. I love that chair. I love anything with carving, and you're right, the paint really brings out the details.

Bliss said...

I'll do anything but paint chairs. I'll birth a baby, walk 500 miles, or eat liver, all before I will ever ever ever paint and wax six carved chairs again. Not my idea of fun, but I do like how mine (and yours) turned out.

Bliss

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Wow, girl you have done a wonderful job on painting those chairs. I love the color and the patina you gave them with the wax.

Smart people to come to you for a fantastic, very professional job!

hugs
Sissie

Unknown said...

I saw this table and chairs set at your client's house last night. :) In a word.... SPECTACULAR! I love, love, love it, and it sits perfectly with the French-Country hutch. She told me about your blog and the story behind the table and chairs. Your work is fabulous...

Gwen

Debbie said...

Thanks Deneen (and Gwen)! I am the beneficiary of the beautiful chairs and hutch...I'll try to get the cushions recovered soon and send an updated picture!! Deneen, you are first class all the way. Loved working with you!!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Debbie
I couldn't reply to you via email because you are set up as no-reply in your google settings. Need to change that so I can respond to you. I enjoy you with you. I love to create pieces for my clients to treasure. Hope you enjoy them for years to come!! Talk to you soon. We need to get that fabric!!

Debbie said...

OK, Deneen, please see if you can comment now. Thanks!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
decorayadora said...

I love these story , congratulación I love your blog
Angelica

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks Angelica! So glad you are here!