recent posts...

Monday, February 25, 2013

French Farmhouse Hutch

I am writing this post as I watch the Oscars..... Playing Oscar bingo and tabulating my votes for the winners.

Can someone say multi-tasker?

This piece of furniture ranks up there as one of my favorites. It was a lot of work but one thing about furniture painting and repurposing, is the creation and showing more that just painting.

I feel this piece represents that the best.


I am so happy with every details from the chicken wire to the fabric to the multi-layered paint.

I created a two-tone color of Old white and Paris with a loose brushstroke and blending the two slightly.



There is just enough distressing to make it look natural.

This piece had some great details too from the molding to the curvy legs.


I used white paint to highlight some areas and dry brushed the rest.



I changed all the knobs because the originals were just awful! I removed the glass added chicken wire to give it a farmhouse feel.


I added French script fabric to the back and created the french feel to finish the piece.

And I have to say I am in love......


Too bad she is for sale.....



Until then I will enjoy looking at her!

UPDATE: To see The Rest of the Story CLICK HERE!

Linking up here:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Craftberry Bush

Savvy Southern StylePhotobucket Furniture Feature Fridays
- See more at: http://www.becomingmartha.com/p/buttons.html#sthash.P4zxOGsF.dpuf
Funky Junk Interiors Between Naps On The Porch

25 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this is absolutely gorgeous. You can be very proud of the work you've done here! Nice mix of two colors and I'm thinking I might try this on an old kitchen table I have. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Patti@OldThingsNew

Unknown said...

so so pretty I love your Frenchy china cabinet im sure it'll sell quick!

Deborah said...

A gorgeous piece of furniture, well done! I love using chicken wire on makeovers :)

Bee happy x

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks! Chicken wire is fun except it slices your hands up! I am enjoying it in my home before it sells!

Scarlett said...

Oh it's so lovely :) Scarlett x

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks lovely! love the chicken wire, and yes it does do a number on your hands! i wrote my post for today during red carpet. :)

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

She is super stunning. I love the chicken wire and the French script fabric!:)

Well done...

hugs
Sumaya

Unknown said...

Hi Deneen - Back again to tell you I've posted you as my favorite blog of the week on my sidebar. I am so impressed by your work. Blessings, Patti@OldThingsNew

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Wow! That is breathtaking!! I love the color and it has just the right amount of distressing. The chicken wire and the script are perfect.

I'd love it if you would share this at "What We Accomplished Wednesday," at Green Willow Pond. It is live right now. Have a great week!

Hugs,
Deborah

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! Anyone would be lucky to have that one of a kind piece in their home!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh she is a true beauty!

How on earth you can let her go - gotta be tough.

Well done!!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

What a gorgeous piece! I am in love with the chicken wire on the front!

Pamela said...

What a beautiful hutch!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Love love love the back - what an amazing job!
Hugs,
Suzan

With A Blast said...

So gorgeous! Love the color :-) {and the chicken wire!}

Unknown said...

Loving both the patina and the chicken wire! This piece turned out so pretty :)

michele said...

fabulous job! love!

michele

Ruth said...

Your hutch is absolutely fabulous. I love the addition of the chicken wire and French script fabric.
Ruth

Unknown said...

You did a fabulous job...I want to do one of these but I don't have any place for it! Maybe I'll do it just for the fun of it! I am a new follower over from Donna's.

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

Wow! Amazing! You did a fantastic job. I want this LOL. I'm your newest follower!
Jamie www.somuchbetterwithage.com

Christina @ thehappyfuchsia.blogspot.com said...

This is so pretty! I just got some Paris Grey and now I am even more excited to try it! Thanks for the inspiration! Christina

Market Nine home said...

Beautiful! I especially love the French Script. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas! ~Kristie

Restyled Vintage said...

Absolutely stunning! I've just hit follow!

xx
karen

Daniel said...

Great,Thanks for sharing
Kitchen Cabinet Design San Francisco

John Hardy said...

I am very happy to here. I love this great combination. I must suggest this blog post with my good friends. Now it's time to avail luxury airport transfer for more information.