recent posts...

Monday, May 6, 2013

Duck Tape Flip Flops!

Hello friends! Are you ready for the beach?

I have to admit, I start getting a longing for the sand between my toes as soon as winter ends. Shoot I get it all the time , who am I kidding?

If you took a look at all the goodies I got from SNAP, you would have seen lots of tape! Duck Tape gave me this pretty floral tape among others when I was talking to them. I knew I would love to create something with the pretty pattern.

They had several flower items that I flipped over. I gave mine a little twist. Now I am flipping over my flip flops! (OK just had to do that!)

This can even be something for Mother's Day!




I literally picked up an old pair of flip flops from my closet to try this. The dog even got them once hence the teeth marks!

I figured if it didn't work it wouldn't ruin anything.

I have a thing for making flowers out of paper and now it looks like tape is my new thing!


The duck tape had just the right color to make these boring flip flops pop! We all want to have pretty feet at the beach or pool. Now these are the $1 flip flops I got from Old Navy. I would say a thrifty project!



I went for a stroll in my backyard.....stopped to smell the flowers.......kicked back and put my feet up and relaxed!

I like projects like this.....


Any project that lets me take a break is a good thing!

If I can make something old look refreshed, I accomplished what I set out to do. Now I will go buy some new ones and try something else.


Dreaming.....in.....color......
Dreaming.....of......summer.....

These are going with me to Vegas! I can at least wear them to the pool!

What do you think? Would you wear tape on your shoes?
Learn how to make the flowers here


12 comments:

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Those are too cute! What a great little project!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

my little girls would love this SO MUCH

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

You will totally have the prettiest feet at the pool....or in the ivy bed! Cute project!

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

A few years back when I ran a yarn shop there was the rage if crocheting funky yarn on the flip flops .. It was a lot of fun !

Hydee Pole Photography said...

Really cool idea..

Little Miss Maggie said...

Three words. Cute, cute, cute!!

Katy @ Lolly Linens said...

These are very cute - are you going to post a tutorial??

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

These are genius! And your garden is beautiful.

Katie said...

super cute jazzed up flippy-floppies!

Katie said...

super cute jazzed up flippy-floppies!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How adorable! I love this idea! I'm enjoying your blog...catching up some tonight! Sweet hugs!

Bonnie @ Uncommon Designs said...

Adorable Deneen!! Have fun!